SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Dr Z Lux Head and 1 x 12 Cabinet

Z-LUX Head and Cabinet

“The Z-LUX is the best amp I own!” – Joe Walsh

Specifications

Power Output 20/40 Watts
Output Tubes 4 – 6V6 (cathode biased)
Preamp Tubes 4 – 12AX7, 1 – NOS 6201
Rectifier Solid State
Controls Volume, Treble, Mid, Bass, Master, Reverb, Speed, Depth
Configurations Head, 1×12 Combo
Other 20/40 Half/Full power switch
Footswitchable reverb, tremolo and variable boost (Footswitches supplied)
Colors Black, Blonde, Red
Dimensions & Weight Head: 22 3/4” W x 10 1/2” H x 10” D, 35 lbs.
Combo: 22 1/2” W x 191/4” H x 10 1/2” D, 42 lbs.
Owners Manual Download

Dr Z has always said that his next design will be the best. Well, his “next” design is here. We are so proud to add the Z-LUX to our line. The Z-LUX absolutely delivers that big, warm vintage tone of a true hand-wired tube amp. It’s a design that not only integrates favorite features from our entire line but also includes new ones of its own. Half/Full power switch, foot-switchable boost, master volume, reverb, tremolo, you name it…this amp has it. Every component was painstakingly selected to achieve the highest quality for both sound and durability.

The Z-LUX starts with the front end of a MAZ and uses a combination of hand-rolled Jupiter caps, Mallory 150s and classic orange drop caps specifically selected for each stage. We also kept the foot-switchable EQ bypass boost but softened it a bit for a smoother overdrive. The power section is driven by 6V6 power tubes switchable between 2 (20 watts) or 4 (40 watts) via a half-power switch, much like the Remedy. The tube driven tremolo will give you deep pulsating swells of rich tone you can’t get from any pedal and when combined with the lush tube driven spring reverb…you won’t be able to put the guitar down. The sound of this amp will push your creativity to the max!

Magazine Reviews

The Z-LUX earns a Premier Gear Award and an excellent review from Premier Guitar Magazine.

The Z-LUX earns an Editors’ Pick Award as well as a great review from Guitar Player magazine.

The editors of Guitar Player select the Z-LUX as the 2015 Hall of Fame Award winner in the Maximum Gear: Amp category

The Details

Like new, advertised elsewhere so this listing may end early.

This is a stunning amp and cabinet, I've downgraded to a combo as I don't need this much power (it's loud).

New the head retails at £1,950 and the cab at £549 so at £1,599 for a quick sale someone is going to get a real bargain - save yourself £900. 

Everything is like new, the pedals haven't even been used and it's lived in dust covers when not being used. 

I'd prefer not to have to courier this so flexible with delivery/collection options. Please feel free to email me to discuss.

I haven't quoted anything for delivery as that will be bespoke for whoever buys this. I'm also willing to deliver up to a certain point at 12p per mile to cover my fuel costs.

UK Buyers only, please.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments