Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Help !!! Car accident and dont know what to do

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    edited February 2018 tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Rabs said:
    TTony said:
    Rabs said:

Whats the worst thing they can do?  Cancel my insurance? 

No.

The worst thing they can do is invalidate your insurance as you have breached the terms of your contract by not reporting an accident.

You don't want them to invalidate your policy when you have to make a claim on it.  Don't forget that your policy will pay out for all sorts of events - not just damage to your car. 

This is the whole thing.. I don't intend to claim.. 

Did you not read the rest of my post, not understand it, or just chose to stick your head up your arse and ignore it?

IT'S NOT ABOUT WHETHER YOU WANT TO CLAIM FOR THIS INCIDENT.

It's about the potential consequences - in due course - if you choose to ignore the terms of your insurance policy.

I'm actually trying to help you here, but I'm done trying.

I did read what you said and as I said above I appreciate what you are saying and thank you for it..

BUT you don't seem to get what im saying...

Im saying I don't think they will find out cos I don't think anyone cares and im prepared to take the risk... You guys may see that as wrong... But ive just had enough of it all.. If they find out and I get caught then so be it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    Having been on both sides of this argument. I can relate to both in equal measures. 

rabs, funnily enough I got a letter from the police today too, stating EXACTLY the same thing!! You may have read my ‘hit & run’ post, but it was regarding that. 

They viewed my dashcam footage and said they couldnt make out the reg plate of the offending car. 

Well duh.. I would have fucking included it in my report if it was readable, or had something to give my insurance! 

They cared not to check the 2 traffic cameras on the street, nor the cctv from the double decker, nor contact and reprimand the several ‘witnesses’ who didnt bother to stop, but whis reg’s I managed to get.. 

So on top of there being a psychopath loose in the area, my vehicle is fucked up and so is my confidence in the police who are literally paid to bring justice to the place, yet for whatever reason deem it not worth their poxy fucking time. 

I actually cannot believe they are cool with what they saw on my video, and are happy to let it go. 

So like you’ve said, I know exactly what will happen when I call my insurance, I’ll be paying £500 excess to get my car fixed which I wont see again, and next year my insurance premium will be up from £900 odd to £1500.. 

Oh, until of course it happens again next week or the week after. 

Im 29, been driving a poor mans car for 11 years, and still pay that greater London cost for the fucking privilege of having some criminal tosser, potential murdering, probable rapist asshole, damage my shit! 

Meanwhile my only hope of a job is a crappy part time retail thing some 22 miles from home.. without a car I have no means to get to work.. 
    But to maintain the car honestly costs way more than I can afford.. 
    I literally scrape by just to keep dry and warm. To have some scum do this while wrecklessly driving his suv, well it obviously pissed me off enough to get out and run at him. 

Driving, Its a luxury I cant and shouldnt be affording, but I really must be unemployable locally, cos lord knows I’ve tried.. 

As for your sitch.
    If they claim, then ask for proof before anything else.

But will they claim? Probably not, because they’ll be dobbing themselves in to mr police for failing to stop and or reporting to a police station within 24hrs. 

Even if they did claim, will they have your details? Unlikely. 

Man it gets my shit when people say driving standards are ‘improving’.. haha, come to London or its suburbs! 

It aint improving for shit. But the police take no action or interest, insurance is unaffordable and thus on both counts there is absolutely zero incentive for people to report dangerous driving or accidents. Hence it appears standards are becoming better. 

Sorry for the rant. But I totally relate to ya man. 

Suppose that incident and all the incidents HADNT have happened to me before, and I hadnt experienced such an unaffordable inflation in premiums for non fault claims, then I would 100% agree with informing your insurance.. 

The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    skunkwerx said:

As for your sitch.
    If they claim, then ask for proof before anything else.

But will they claim? Probably not, because they’ll be dobbing themselves in to mr police for failing to stop and or reporting to a police station within 24hrs. 

Even if they did claim, will they have your details? Unlikely. 

Sorry for the rant. But I totally relate to ya man. 

Thanks for the post man.. I appreciate that..