SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vox Valvetronix AD120VTX + VC12 Foot Controller (Great Condition) - £375 ono - sold

h18anth18ant Frets: 0
edited February 2018 in Amps £
After much deliberation, I have decided to sell my much loved Vox AD120VTX amp complete with VC12 foot controller and, instructions, leads and bag.

The amp has been used but well looked after, I have attempted to show the couple of scuffs/marks that are on the amp and the main one on the foot controller.

The amp is in perfect working order as is the foot controller.

This is the 'X' version of this amp and if you're looking at this advert, you probably already know what is this amp is capable of and how rare these now are. The 'X' has the Neo Dog speakers and it sounds incredible.

Due to the size and weight of this item, collection is recommended from East Sussex. I do travel around the UK a fair bit so could possibly deliver or meet up if that helps.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I am open to sensible offers.

Spec below:-

The Vox AD120VTX combo amp was introduced at the 2003 Summer NAMM Music Trade Show in Nashville, TN. The AD120VTX replaced the AD120VT, an amp that had been first offered only two years earlier. The 2003 Vox product catalog dated "Summer 03" suggests that both the AD120VT and AD120VTX were initially offered concurrently. The AD120VTX differed from the AD120VT in several ways. The most notable change was the replacement of the Celestion 7080 12" speakers from the AD120VT with the Celestion/Vox "Neo (or new) Dog."  The Celestion/Vox "Neo Dog" 12 inch speaker featured a neodymium magnet structure. The incredible magnetic properties of neodymium magnets mean that only a small amount of material is needed to produce the same flux as a much larger ceramic magnet structure. This offers a drastic savings in weight. The "Neo Dog" speaker weighs approximately one half of the weight of the Celestion 7080 it replaced without any loss of tone or power handling capacity.  The AD120VTX featured a plywood cabinet, the AD120VT had a medium density fiberboard cabinet. The AD120VTX had an speaker impedance selector switch, the AD120VT did not. The impedance selector switch allowed the AD120VTX to operate at the full 60 watt x 2 output power at four, eight or sixteen ohm speaker loads.  This amp had followed the basic proportions of the Vox AC-30. Unlike the AC-30, the AD120VTX cabinet has a closed back.

Read more:
and 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited February 2018
    I have the same rig plus the AD212 extn cab. These are still great amps and if you run a simple 7 band stomp EQ and/Or BBE sonic stomp maximiser through the fx loop via a mono-Y cable it takes the amp to a whole new level. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Totally agree, I will be sad to see this amp go!
  • Sold