Anyone bought from The Guitar Den?

What's Hot
dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
I’m going to pull the trigger on a new Bacchus and don’t mind paying a bit extra sourcing in the U.K. 

These guys look like the only option but bloody hell, their returns policy is nonsense right?

http://www.theguitarden.co.uk/faq
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6118
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    It's not a shop set up though, just a guy who sources and sells on Japanese made guitars and amps?

They look incredible. I live just a few miles away from the guy and always been tempted to go see what he's got but not done so yet. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    edited February 2018
    Doesn’t matter if he has an actual shop  @Fuengi , it’s an online business so the return policy has to be lawful.
    dbphoto said:
    Doesn’t matter if he has an actual shop  @Fuengi , it’s an online business so the return policy has to be lawful.
    Good luck enforcing that!  ;)
  • dbphoto said:
    I’m going to pull the trigger on a new Bacchus and don’t mind paying a bit extra sourcing in the U.K. 

These guys look like the only option but bloody hell, their returns policy is nonsense right?

http://www.theguitarden.co.uk/faq

Jeez! Has this character been taking lessons from TPP’s school of illegal policies? :)

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fuengi said:
    dbphoto said:
    Good luck enforcing that!  ;)
    Buy with a credit card and they’ll enforce it for you via the wonders of chargeback.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2018
    Fuengi said:

Good luck enforcing that! 
    Don't get me wrong, I don't intend to, and have never, sent anything back to an online retailer because I just don't like it.

But even though the risk is small, I am not prepared to waste a second of my time enforcing anything, so I will do what is in my rights as a buyer.

I am going to buy the same guitar I want from a company in France that offer legal and realistic return terms.

The fact the guitar is around £250 cheaper from them and they offer free shipping is a bonus.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I'll be genuinely interested in how it goes.

I suspect you'll be paying a person rather than a company?

That was always my impression of the site. If so I guess you are bound by his policies on returns. 

‘independent Hampshire guitar shop, The Guitar Den’

That’s how he describes his business on his site?

But as I said in my previous post, I have made the descision to buy from France:

http://japanguitar-handmade.com/gb/
  • dbphoto said:
    And if the stated returns policy isn't lawful, you automatically gain the right to cancel within 12 months for no fee. I really like that bit. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Sorry, missed that in your post. Let is know how the Bacchus is, look amazing. 
    @dbphoto did you get the Bacchus? 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited March 2018
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    This came up before and the thread ended up being locked so without going into anything more again, every online seller is bound by the rules posted in the first reply, end of story :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • there seems to be a lot of suspicion, maybe with good cause I dont know. But if i was spending that sort of money and i wasnt sure, i think id go and check it out and buy in person?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom