SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fernandes neck through, sustainer, grovers, needs some parts (project) £50? ADDED explorer £125

What's Hot
ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
First up - Had this thing for years, toured with it for a while back in the day, stripped the floyd and the pickup out, needs a few frets, started to pull one out for some reason and I think a few have been filed of messed up during some early experiments! It has a sustainer in it, that I never used since I swapped the bridge pickup, and grover tuners. If anyone wants a project and can come and get it, how about £50?

Apologies if this should be in parts - I wasn't sure...

Next a Rally explorer, set neck, good condition, few scratches and 'nics' nice yellowed binding, Seymour Duncan Super distortion I think? in the bridge, sounds great to me. I was originally going to chop off the bobble at the top of the headstock to turn it pretty much standard explorer headstock. Anyway, it is what it is - £125 with the SD pickup, £85 without? Collection only from Chelmsford area. Poss swaps with dirt pedals or parts

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ExorcistExorcist Frets: 604
    Or special deal - £160 for both together?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hmmmmm

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

edited February 2018
    I've had a few offers to post the Fernandes, to be honest, its not worth the hassle of packaging it up and trying to organise a courier (as I cycle to work where I am during the day). So collection only please from Bicknacre near Chelmsford, or happy to meet by the A12 or something if coming at the weekend or late evening if that helps. 

Oh and the pentagram is a sticker that is falling off (if anyone was worried about accidentally summoning the devil)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    So there's a working sustainer in the Fernandez? if so then that's a very good price!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Hmmmmm
     Photographs of the Fernandes control cavity required, methinks. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    edited February 2018
    Well, it worked about 15 years ago when I last used it... I've got no way of testing it so take that as you will! I'll get a photo of the cavity up.

Here we go:

I installed a different bridge pickup as it had a terrible EMG HZ or something in it, I didn't use the sustainer so if you had to connect it, I never did. I can't remember to be honest... but it was just wired with the bridge pickup after that.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4926
    Hmmm - I'm after a Sustainer!
  • I'm also looking for a sustainer. PM me if you'll sell it separately!
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    I have an FSK-401 kit that I never got around to installing. I would not mind swapping my humbucker-sized pickup unit for the Stratocaster-sized FSK-101 pickup.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    I'm also looking for a sustainer. PM me if you'll sell it separately!
    It's only £50 the lot! You might as well buy it and bin the rest. Aren't they about £180 new??
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    It's only £50 the lot! You might as well buy it and bin the rest. Aren't they about £180 new??
    Well, I live in Sweden you know. Not really worth the cost of sending a big hunk of wood over the canal. But if the OP is willing, I can buy the whole lot and let him thrown the guitar away ;)
    To be fair someone already asked for just the sustainer earlier, so he has first 'dibs' if I take it out, the thing is - I can't guarantee it still works, I assume it does but I have no way of testing it. So its cheap with a whole guitar body and tuners. If it doesn't work you still got a guitar to mess with. If I take it out and then I post it, and it doesn't work for any reason, I have to mess about refunding someone (including postage) and its just a pain. It is what it is, a cheap beatup guitar project with what SHOULD be a working sustainer. Its £50 and to be honest if no one wants it as a project, I'll probably just take the tuners off and the sustainer out, chuck them in a drawer and throw the rest in the bin... I just need the space as I have far too many guitars these days.
    I would have had the Fernandes myself if you were a bit nearer, I want something cheap to do up for my daughter.
    Bump - trades also considered/parts and pedals...