Extreme Strat copy info needed

Does anyone know anything about the guitar pictured? I would love to know age, country of origin, parent company, and if it's of any worth. I've tried googling "Extreme Strat copy", but get nothing about this guitar, only hundreds of links about extreme setups for fender strats.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14304
    tFB Trader
    I don't know of Extreme as such - I dare say it is either a catalogue brand for an e-bay seller or store - Technically there are only a few factories in China, Korea and anyone, including you and I can create a brand name and order say 500 in different colours and start your own business - So no factory called Extreme - It looks very much like a Chinese based copy, maybe Korea, but suspect China and the type of guitar that sold new for around £100/150 - very similar to a JHS Encore - As such e-bay is full of similar grade guitars for £40/100 
  • That's more or less what I'm thinking. Going by the condition it's in, it'll be 15 to 20 years old. I have a Encore Strat and a QTX Strat, both being restored to be sold on for learners. Thanks for the input.
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    If there's no stamp on the headstock/neck plate, I'd look for manufacturer info/country of origin in the neck pocket and under the scratch plate. Whether it's worth going to that level of screwdriver action for this particular instrument is another matter... The headstock shape looks very familiar to me from browsing shops selling low-price guitars, but I don't recall this brand at all. I'd put it at the younger end of your scale because it has a 22nd fret.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14491
    maybe Korea but suspect China
    This.

The pickups and narrow Metric vibrato bridge would not look out of place on an MIC Squier Affinity/Bullet model.
    DLM said:
    The headstock shape looks very familiar to me from browsing shops selling low-price guitars
    Looks like typical charity shop fare. The unwanted birthday present, bought from a mail order catalogue.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.