Shipping from the US - any companies that act as intermediaries

What's Hot
Hi,
Theres a guitar I’ve seen on Reverb that I want however the seller won’t ship to the uk. Anyone know if any companies offer a similar proposition to eBay global shipping where the seller ships to them and they send abroad?

cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5433
    Google “parcel forwarding US to U.K.” and read some of the articles/reviews of the many varieties of company that do this... 
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 616

First, assume you are aware of the CITES situation with any rosewood content on a guitar ? Clear that before you consider any potential purchase out of the USA.... alder body strat with maple neck is fine...rosewood neck..be careful.

You wouldn't be the first person no to know........

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Hi,
    Theres a guitar I’ve seen on Reverb that I want however the seller won’t ship to the uk. Anyone know if any companies offer a similar proposition to eBay global shipping where the seller ships to them and they send abroad?

cheers
    You can organise a UPS pickup.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5433
    edited February 2018
    Fretwired said:
    Hi,

cheers
    You can organise a UPS pickup.
    You can but some sellers may not play along with that (mainly where PayPal is involved). I know I wouldn’t - even if you were genuine it is a red flag for a scam setup. 
  • remember import duty ; vat and agents handling fees  .. on top of price / courier and insurance ( dont cheap out here )

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty for details  

make sure you are very specific about how you want the package prepared for travel ; fretboard protector; proper neck support  ; detuned strings 1/2 step ? ; case in box in box - padded out to prevent any movement  and support in the  case - chips / bubble wrap / paper etc .. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks very much for the info everyone