New S-Gear announced!

“You can expect to see one or more maintenance releases of S-GEAR v2 (in the form of v2.8) in the coming weeks - these updates will be free of charge.

S-GEAR v2.9 will be released in the spring, including the User Interface re-work described above. S-GEAR v2.9 will be a free update to anyone who purchased (or purchases) S-GEAR in the 12 months preceeding the v2.9 release. For other customers there will be a small upgrade fee (to be announced).

It is envisioned that S-GEAR v3 will be a new App and Plug-in to incorporate developments in the core amp modelling technology along with other heavily requested features such as drive & compression effects in front of the amp section. Stay tuned!”

https://www.scuffhamamps.com/news/product-news/94-namm-report-2018

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hmm was really hoping to see a V3 with updated interface and a new model or new core. Not sure I would pay for 2.9 after all 2 sounds very good. Interface alone doesn't bring much.
  • hmm was really hoping to see a V3 with updated interface and a new model or new core. Not sure I would pay for 2.9 after all 2 sounds very good. Interface alone doesn't bring much.
    In the bottom paragraph S-Gear 3 seems to be pencilled in for a 2018 release too.

im thinking maybe Mike needs to raise some funds with 2.9 to get 3.0 over the finish line
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7962
    edited February 2018
    Interesting business decision, seems a bit weird to say they’re charging for 2.9 but not clearing up if that includes the update to 3 which also looks like it’s coming out this year.

I don’t own it but if I did I’d personally wait on 3 on that basis, unless they were to announce it’d be cheaper to do 2.9 then 3.
  • Interesting business decision, seems a bit weird to say they’re charging for 2.9 but not clearing up if that includes the update to 3 which also looks like it’s coming out this year.

I don’t own it but if I did I’d personally wait on 3 on that basis, unless they were to announce it’d be cheaper to do 2.9 then 3.
    Quite

Why pay for 2.9 if you quickly have to pay for 3. Though given how slowly they have moved of late, perhpas 3 will end up being sometime next year..

It also depends a bit on cost. If it's something silly like £10 - £15 for 2.9, I 'd buy it just to support.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2198
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll get it as soon as it's available.

It's my go to ampsim and I'd also buy it just to support.

It's not a competition.
  • It'll be interesting to see how it goes. I bought S-Gear last June so I should get in for the update free of charge. 

However I am far more interested in Blue Cat's Axiom. 

https://www.bluecataudio.com/Blog/preview/blue-cats-axiom-your-axe-beyond-the-limits/