"Not much wriggle room" on this eBay gem

What's Hot
StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2416
... which is a shame, considering he's asking more than the new price, plus £35 postage!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Classic-Series-Stratocaster-MIM/183060730442

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    Anglesey. 'Ere be Gogledds. Strange people. The vendor is accustomed to regarding mainlanders as ripe for fleecing.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • "These retail @ £680 without a case so grab a great guitar bargain." so im asking £725 :-p 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Selling for a friend! Always a good sign.
    Link to my trading feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Worth about £325 at the very most. I've given up with Ebay both as a guitar buyer and seller.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    'Pic no 12 see the discolored.ie rusty pickup screws. No big deal but need replacing'

Should we let him know that the relic'd pickup screws should command a premium?!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1379
    can't believe he's asking that while admitting that the pickup screws are  "discolored.ie rusty
  • OwainOwain Frets: 13
    Anglesey. 'Ere be Gogledds. Strange people. The vendor is accustomed to regarding mainlanders as ripe for fleecing.
    I come from the Gogledd lol. Anglesea's not far from where I come from, you come from Wales too?
  • Anglesey. 'Ere be Gogledds. Strange people. The vendor is accustomed to regarding mainlanders as ripe for fleecing.
    Hey I’m from Anglesey. Llangefni actually. We have words to describe people like this seller, but I can’t think of an English equivalent!

Sad thing is, someone will probably buy it eventually, and it will contribute to the ridiculous price inflation we see for used guitars on ebay.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    Owain said:
    'Ere be Gogledds.
    you come from Wales too?
    I live in Wales. I spent part of my Twenties at college in Carmarthen. (Hence, my fleeting grasp of the town's part-Welsh, part-English dialect.) One of my college contemporaries was Meirion Davies - the S4C writer/actor/presenter/producer. He was partly responsible for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gogs
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Fun fact - Meirion's brothers were in 80s metal band Y Diawled:

• Arktik83Arktik83 Frets: 431
    Ah good ol' eBay.  People think because Fender constantly inflate their prices they can do the same, couple with the fact that you see so many listings which are clearly "used" listed as "New (Other)" now.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom