SRV Stratocaster Neck - Sweet as a nut : - )

maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
edited April 2018 in Guitar
I have 2 x Stratocasters, a 2005 SRV and a 1997 62 AVRI . . . Whilst the neck on the SRV Strat is chunkier than the 62 AVRI its not quite the monster you'd believe it to be, in fact its a joy to play and Im not a guy with big hands. The 12" radius is a plus but even so, its such a comfy neck . . . The neck on my 62 AVRI is slimmer and has a vintage 7.25" radius but since I've had medium jumbo frets fitted by Steve it doesn't fret out whilst bending notes. Given a choice of both guitars I always pick up the SRV first. 

Update  . . .  17.04.18

Gas is so cruel, yes the SRV has a great neck, and yes the Texas Specials are amazing and the guitar is put together really wel and Ive wanted one for ages but . . . over the last two months I've really started to gas for a 57 AVRI Stratocaster . . Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh

Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4189
    I always thought that SRV’s Strat necks were asymmetric and that they were deeper on the bass side than the treble, indeed this is how I reshaped my 62 replica neck and it is rather comfy indeed
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom