Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Do guitars know they are about to be sold?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    Owain said:
    sev112 said:
    a few years back when I played a lot of golf, I swear my golf clubs knew that they were about to be replaced in the bag with a newer / better club; to the point that they would all of a sudden “remember” what they used to be like and started hitting miracle shots again.

so I have bought a new electro acoustic, and accordingly my 25 year old Kramer Ferrington will be appearing in the classifieds on here soon.

just picked it up and it just “sung” back at me , as if reminding me of all the good things we have played together over the years. As if it was saying “don’t sell me, we can be good again”

anyone had similar? :)

I've had similar stuff happen with some stuff in my past. When I first started playing electric guitar, I had advanced from acoustic, and once I had started playing the electric, I got beautiful sounds from the acoustic. Making me prefer that than my newer electric (all this happened like 10 or 11 years ago). 

Funnily enough, my old smartphone started preforming better when I was looking for replacements too. 
    Hold on - you stated in the other thread that you were a newbie? In your time getting beautiful sounds from the acoustic, surely you must have had to tune it and change strings once or twice?

Hmmm. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14457
    Pwned.  :o
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Best just to smash them the instant you decide to replace them, that way they will never know

Note: This concept must not be extended to girlfriends.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    Yes - like cars and bikes do too...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

yep. even Little Red Van stopped misbehaving once I'd decided to replace it, even though I said nothing in it's presence. It knew alright, but by them I'd made my mind up. Tough!
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    edited February 2018
    just be the bigger person and walk away. When its over its over!  Its like a toothache that disappears when your in the Dentists waiting room. Itll soon be  back causing you plenty of pain. .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom