Real or dodgy Ibanez Jem?

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
Very cheap at £300 for a Japan floral Jem, i realy have no desire for it but just wondered if its glaringly obvious.
What do you reckon, the sales pitch is a little bit wobbly.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/ibanez-jem77fp-electric-guitar/1286190654
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Looks real as far as I can see in those poor-quality pics, but at that price it’s either stolen or he’s just stolen the pics from somewhere.

In the unlikely event that it’s straight, buy it now!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Also spotted this - should the serial numbers on the headstock and neck plate not match?
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    What do you reckon, the sales pitch is a little bit wobbly.
    No punctuation. Ho, hum.

The emphasis on "inspect carefully before you leave" suggests that the vendor wants no comebacks if/when any deception is eventually uncovered.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • After checking the serial number out, it appears to be a legit 2003 model. 

If that's not stolen that is a huge bargain.
  • baldybaldy Frets: 195
    He is also advertising a £275 Flute but says he doesn"t play & an £80 drum pedal that he says he is not sure what it is for ?
    Maybe he just buys musical instruments for the hell of it 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14459
    baldy said:
    Maybe he receives musical instruments for the hell of it 
    FTFY
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ad remo
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12364
    Recieved a message from Gumtree - "A user you have been in contact with has been flagged for "suspicious activity".
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    Recieved a message from Gumtree - "A user you have been in contact with has been flagged for "suspicious activity".
    No shit... and I was thinking you'd buy it for £300 and I could double your money for you.

That would still be a grand less than the price the last one I saw sold for.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein