Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Anyone downsized from a stack to either a combo or a mini head ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Yup, I moved from an early JCM800 2203 to a mini jubilee head with a 2061cx 2x12 cab. Never been happier.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 50 / 100 Watt Marshalls + 4x12 + powerbrake =>  last gig was a Boogie Mk V 25 weighing in at 16,5ibs  into a small format Marshall 1922 (2x12) cab - unmiked - more than adequate for average pub gig with heavy handed drummer - country to djent capable amp -  best piece of kit I've bought in years .. 
  • Yep, across the years from 4x12, 4x10 etc to more recently 2x12 then 1x12...

Now with a small Redplate combo, thatll fit in my really small boot or footwell...
    Carry it one handed.

And its the best sound Ive ever had. Winner winner chcken dinner.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Gone from a Marshall 6100 with 2 4x12's to a JTM45 with a 2x12 to a Jet City and a 1x12 and now a Helix with no cab at all :)

They are all different, and I've got great sounds out of all of them, the thump of 2 4x12's is fun, but the Helix is a damn sight easier to lug around.

Think about why you want to downsize, buy something appropriate and make it work for you
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    photek said:
    Yup, I moved from an early JCM800 2203 to a mini jubilee head with a 2061cx 2x12 cab. Never been happier.
    How's the 2061cx? Keep looking at them........

Running the standard speakers?
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    edited February 2018
    I oscillate between full stack, half stack, 2x12 and 1x12 (depending on venue), all with the same head which is switchable between 100W and 50W. I can’t tell any difference in sound to be honest. They all sound great, and loud. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.