Fender jaguar roadworn

What's Hot
fnptfnpt Frets: 746
so, what is the general consensus? Good guitars, worth the price tag? Or should I look into the MIM lacquer one instead?
____
"You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I guess the difference is do you want it looking new or used?

• Don’t the Roadworn ones have a poly neck?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    I do prefer the worn look but wondering if there’s anything I should know before buying on-line.
    ____
    "You don't know what you've got till the whole thing's gone. The days are dark and the road is long."
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1206
    Don’t the Roadworn ones have a poly neck?
    Not that I remember, when trying one.
  • Don’t the Roadworn ones have a poly neck?
    The tele and strat variants don't...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9648
    edited February 2018

They do, just checked Fender's website - it's polyurethane. Most of it has been sanded off of course.

The Lacquer models have nitro necks, which are nice enough but the vintage tint is a bit Trumpesque (orange).

The Lacquer Jaguar comes with better pickups and a nice hard case, and of course applying your own personal Road Worn look wouldn't be too difficult.

• I don't have a direct comparison, but I have had the 60s Lacquer Jaguar and also a Roadworn Tele.  Personally I preferred the feel of the worn/satin neck but have nothing bad to say about the Lacquer Jaguar neck, except it looked a bit orange.  They were both very nice guitars.
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2877
    The 60d lacqaur ones are lovely. 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9320
    fnpt said:
    I do prefer the worn look but wondering if there’s anything I should know before buying on-line.
    I wouldn’t buy online. I’ve played and owned roadworn Teles and strats and there is a world of difference between a good one and the others. Some are deader acoustically than hitting the floor with your foot, others are really decent. Some are stupidly heavy, others a good weight. You need to spend some time playing a few, even if it means going to, say, Andertons and playing 10 of the same model
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9559
    edited February 2018
    As a Masterbuilt and CS relic fan, Ive always been impressed with the Roadworns...

@BintyTwanger has a nice one for sale
  • They do, just checked Fender's website - it's polyurethane. Most of it has been sanded off of course.

The Lacquer models have nitro necks, which are nice enough but the vintage tint is a bit Trumpesque (orange).

The Lacquer Jaguar comes with better pickups and a nice hard case, and of course applying your own personal Road Worn look wouldn't be too difficult.

Every day is a school day!
  • fnptfnpt Frets: 746
    edited February 2018
    chris78 said:
    fnpt said:
    I wouldn’t buy online. I’ve played and owned roadworn Teles and strats and there is a world of difference between a good one and the others. Some are deader acoustically than hitting the floor with your foot, others are really decent. Some are stupidly heavy, others a good weight. You need to spend some time playing a few, even if it means going to, say, Andertons and playing 10 of the same model
    I don’t really have the option. It would involve taking a plane. I can always send it back if i’ not happy with it.
    ____