SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sorted: PRS custom 24, or vela.

sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
 I'm getting a bonus from work, so putting out some feelers for a guitar to treat myself  

Either a satin black vela. 

Or a PRS custom 24 - pattern regular neck is a must. Big plus for darker colours or satin. 

Around the £1700 Mark (though I don't know a figure yet). 
I like guitars with battle scars so no worries on belt rash or dings  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Interesting dilemma. The two designs are VERY different. Each good in its own way.

For your budget, you might be able to track down a brand new 2017 Reclaimed Series Vela. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    I have both not in those colours or for sale but they are very different from each other. What do you need from the guitar sound wise as this will dictate which one to go for?
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    @grungebob - think we spoke on Facebook earlier in week? I put some post on a few groups. 

So my logic is; I have an s2 cu24, which I love, but I'm a guitarist so the minimal tonal differences for a core are obviously everything I need :) 
    I've played a new vela in shop which is very nice, but would rather save some money on a second hand one if possible. If I got one of these Id likely put some hotter pick ups in. 

I play hard rock / metal mostly in drop C. I know the cu24 is up to it. The fixed bridge on the vela really appeals, and i like the shape. I also only really use the neck pickup in single/ split version 90%, so neck bucker isn't essential. 

I really like the reclaimed wood velas, but think the hollow body would cause feedback issue on a loud stage :) 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3322
    edited February 2018
    I’ve got an S2 standard 24 a Vela and a core 1991 CU24, i play similar music to you and tuning and I honestly wouldn’t dream of changing the Vela pickups they work perfect for it. 
    All my guitars do sound different but I wouldn’t imagine the S2 CU24 would sound dramatically different from a core 24 as essentially it’s the same guitar. 

The S2 std 24 is all mahogany so does sound more gruntier than the cu, works very well with Fuzz in a stoner Mastiff type of way. 
  • I have a 2004 Custom 24 for sale here. I have given it a bump for you to find easily. It has a regular pattern neck and the rest you can see. Let me know if it is what you are looking for.