Next parts build Vinsaint

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    its something i have done a few times.   it just manages to be a bit nicer than a plain old bit of plastic.

Adds a bit  of a gretsch vibe

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    WezV said:
    its something i have done a few times.   it just manages to be a bit nicer than a plain old bit of plastic.

Adds a bit  of a gretsch vibe

How? What type of paint? Prep?
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• WezVWezV Frets: 16726
    Not much to it.

I lightly key the back with fine wet & dry and then spray a few coats of any old rattle can in the right colour.  Best to make its compatible with the existing finish to prevent bleed, or cover the back with paper.

i normally buff the front by hand with T-cut to give a softer shine than the new Perspex look
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Excellent! Thanks @WezV
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57 said:
    Is it getting a MM-type headstock or something more appropriate to the body shape?
    Its getting a recycled, new old stock, Danelectro 3 a side neck, so keeps the spirit of the original, but with IMHO a better shape headstock, it looks ok with the neck laid onto a full size pdf print out of the body.......I hate the MM one......hope it look ok in reality!

That's good to hear. I understand MM wanting to get their regular headstock on TV, but it really is awful on that guitar.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires