SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Tokai SG-60

goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
Another one to go as I thin the herd. This one is the highest spec SG that Tokai made during their 'golden era'. Two piece body, one piece neck, 1961-spec SG and with fret-edge binding. Unfaded vintage cherry red, with a few small dings and minor buckle wear. But no chips and nothing down to the wood. Given that it's now 34 years old, it's in remarkable condition.

Correct headstock shape, too. (This is likely to be a JDM import, because I don't remember seeing anything but Strat/Tele/LP copies back in the day. Comes with a Thomann hard case, as shown.

Super light at 2.74kg = 6 pounds and 1 ounce.

Price: £600.

Shipping/etc: for this guitar, it being a faithful copy of the SG neck/body which was most vulnerable to breaks, I'd really prefer not to ship. It's possible for a breakage to happen in transit with no outward sign (and no luck claiming on courier insurance!). So I'll consider meeting halfway/etc for a handover. (I'm in Cambridge.)
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• benecolbenecol Frets: 400
    Mein gott - what's the thickness of the neck at the first and twelfth fret please?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Is that a nitro finish?
    tnx
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    benecol said:
    Mein gott - what's the thickness of the neck at the first and twelfth fret please?
    Sort of hard to measure, but appears to be 21mm and 24mm (to top of fret). For sure it feels like a classic early '60s neck (comparing it to a '62 ES-335 and a '59 Jr).

On Nitro @neonblack I don't think so.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6123
    Oh Lord that is lush.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    As soon as the Tele or Strat sell i'll have it!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6153
    Now listed on Facebook (please dear Fretboarders don't let me have to answer the inevitable "swap it for a set of VW alloys, M8?" queries!)

Trade: This guitar + cash for your Helix (not LT)