SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT - Gibson Les Paul Goldtop Standard 2013 MODDED 3 pickups £1300 ONO

HisnamesjamesHisnamesjames Frets: 9
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
I've finally accepted that I have more guitars than I need. Since I got my Custom, this has basically been sat in it's case for the better part of a year, and as a result I'm looking to move it on. I would consider trades for a black Rickenbacker 330 or 620 6 string, but otherwise cash is king.

This guitar was modified for me by Blackthorn Guitars in Essex, and has been routed for a third humbucker. The pickups are Gibson 57 Classic in neck and middle, and a 57 Classic+ in the bridge. The wiring is 3 volumes, and a master tone, with 2 push/push pots, set out as (see pictures)

Red - Neck volume
Blue - Bridge volume/Coil tap for neck and middle
Green - Middle volume/Add middle pickup
Yellow - Master tone 

The tuners are the stock Grover Rotomatics, there are Schaller strap locks included and the nut is bone. It was refretted with stainless steel frets added about 18 months ago, over the binding, to the same sizing as they were stock (medium jumbo I believe?) and the rosewood has darkened to a really nice nearly black colour. The case is original, and in very good condition and includes the Gibson paperwork, truss rod key, and Allen key for the locking Tonepros bridge and tailpiece.

It is in reasonable condition for a 5 year old guitar, and I would say that the marks and dings aren't immediately apparent, as they are mostly minor and on the edges. There is three spots worth mentioning - The buckle rash is reasonable, with a major spot about the size of a 50p coin. The second is a strange mark on the top that I found really difficult to photograph, but is essentially three very shallow lines that only appear if the light strikes them just right. Third is the faceplate of the headstock has some swirl marks from dusting and restringing, with one scrape around the low E from an overly long string end. 

I would give it an overall 7/10 for the guitar, 9/10 for the case

Collection from Cambridge area, able to deliver with petrol considered, and able to ship insured courier for £30

Gallery

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments