Reverb - Reccomendations Please.

What's Hot
SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I am after a delay pedal, nothing too expensive though!

I would like a reverb suitable for surf style, it doesn't have to replicate anything exactly.

Open to suggestions, hopefully something in the £50 range........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Tone City Tiny Spring can be bought new for 50 quid 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12473
    A little over budget but I paid £70 for a second hand Boss Fender 63 spring reverb pedal which sounds great for surf.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72868
    munckee said:
    A little over budget but I paid £70 for a second hand Boss Fender 63 spring reverb pedal which sounds great for surf.
    Unfortunately I sold mine for about that, and then they were discontinued resulting in the prices going up...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_udlo&_udhi&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo&_sabdhi&_samilow&_samihi&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=boss frv-1&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=1&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

£100-£150 seems to be the going rate now, and there's one that sold for as much as £180 there.

A Boss RV-5 is still more affordable though - they seem to be around £60 give or take a bit - and the Spring setting on that isn't too far from the FRV-1's.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075
    Thanks for the help guys.
  • In a bizarre twist of fate, the Caline Snake Bite reverb seemed to be getting a lot of positive press around here a while ago.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    In a bizarre twist of fate, the Caline Snake Bite reverb seemed to be getting a lot of positive press around here a while ago.

It's a sign from above..........
  • @SNAKEBITE I have a brand new Marshall reflector which you can have for £55 delivered
    @SNAKEBITE I have a brand new Marshall reflector which you can have for £55 delivered

Thanks for the offer, but I have one already that makes a funny noise after it has been on for a while, and it's nothing to do with my playing!

Probably a one off issue, but it has put me right off them.