Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Guitarist Mag: Living in the past

What's Hot
12345679»

Comments

• StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    martinw said:
    Neil said:
    TTony said:
    Neill said:
    I honestly think the quality of print journalism has gone downhill across the board in the last twenty years.
    In a strange coincidence, earlier today I went back through the BBC archives to read a (football) match review from 2010.

It was far better written than today's equivalent.  Today's is simpler, more repetitive linguistically, less textured and more sound-bytey as if they assume that today's reader can't read a sentence longer than 6 words, with no word having more than 2 syllables.

Which may well be right.
    Wisdom.

In a generation that now often writes in textspeak the quality of writing in all sorts of stuff is quite frankly abysmal.

And not just writing; speaking too.
    Rising inflections, starting a sentence with 'So.....', lazy speech such as saying wiv and vhe instead of with and the.
    And that's a typical 'spokesperson' on Radio 4. I often have to fight the urge to throw my radio against the wall, but just as often turn it off rather than listen to some triumph of  education over intellect talk like a teenager.
    Oh don't get me started on people who start a sentence with 'So' 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom