What's Hot
124»

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Neck pickup is the only pickup required
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Lebarque said:
    clarkefan said: no
    For me the bridge/middle sound is the only sound Strats bring to the table, it's unique and fantastic.  The others are doable better elsewhere or useless.  

I never got the middle pickup only thing but Gary Moore used it a lot so what do I know :)
    C'mon now. The sound of a strat neck pickup is iconic.
    Certainly, but can be done with other stuff. Wonder how many Floyd fans assume the solo on Another Brick is a Strat? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72361
    p90fool said:
    Funny, Richard Thompson probably single-handedly put me off. Great musician, but his guitar sound is almost as annoying as his Mick McCarthy singing. 
    I find him unlistenable when he’s using that sound, which is a shame because I want to like his songwriting and playing.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    clarkefan said:
    Lebarque said:
    For me the bridge/middle sound is the only sound Strats bring to the table, it's unique and fantastic.  The others are doable better elsewhere or useless.  

I never got the middle pickup only thing but Gary Moore used it a lot so what do I know :)
    Certainly, but can be done with other stuff. Wonder how many Floyd fans assume the solo on Another Brick is a Strat? :)
    I did for decades.
    Isn't it a LP DC with P90's?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    Alnico said:
    clarkefan said:
    Lebarque said:

I did for decades.
    No, the finest of ALL Les Pauls... a Gold Top with P90s.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12666
    edited February 2018
    impmann said:
    Alnico said:
    clarkefan said:
    Lebarque said:

I never got the middle pickup only thing but Gary Moore used it a lot so what do I know
    Certainly, but can be done with other stuff. Wonder how many Floyd fans assume the solo on Another Brick is a Strat?
    I did for decades.
    No, the finest of ALL Les Pauls... a Gold Top with P90s.
    Go to 4:15

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.