Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Wireless

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• p90fool said:
    Ah ok, I thought it must be a buffer issue, then realised I've never used any of my fuzz pedals with my wireless.
    I'll try them and report back!
    This is why I’ve gone for a magnetic effects white atom. Has no problem with buffers in front of it which is what I needed as I use a wireless system 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5388
    Is there any handy pros/cons/comparison between Xvive and Smoothhound anywhere?  A quick Google didn't turn up anything obvious, but it seems the kind of thing some gear head somewhere must have done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    I’m dreaming, I know, but I think it would be great to have a system like that Xvive, but with DI/speaker emulation built into the receiver.

I was at an open mic last night with an electric guitar. I knew there would be no guitar amp there, so I took my mini pedal board which sports a Joyo American Sound (with speaker emulation built in). Before I could start, I had to faff about finding a mains outlet for the board and running the two cables. Doesn’t sound like much, but with an Xvive+DI+speaker emulation I could have simply jumped onto the stage, plugged the receiver bug into the PA, and started playing.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8724
    Live I use a cable. In a pub there’s never a lot of space, and wireless is just one more thing that can go wrong. In rehearsals I sometimes use Line6 G something-or-other so that I can walk around and read other people’s music. I’ll also use it if I have to walk around the bar during a soundcheck.

Before the Line6 I used an Airline bug and pedal receiver. This is now boxed up on the shelf if anyone would like it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I use the G50 live, and its a bit more sturdy than the plastic G30. However if you're a home player only its more than adequate for the job. Pretty simple setup too, plug in and play type.
  • G10 user here.  Sound quality is superb and it just works.  Dead handy for set up when you don't have a sound-man - like us. When I used cables I spent half the night standing on them.  As a precaution, I use a good quality 2m lead from the receiver to my tuner so that I can just plug straight into the guitar within about 5 seconds if something dies - but it never has.
  • The Smoothhound sounds good but you still need a cable from the receiver into your amp/speaker.  I'm after the ones where the receiver goes straight in so I don't need any cables.

• WonkyWonky Frets: 188
    I've got a Line 6 G70/G75 set up that's pretty damn good.  If you're serious about wireless you can't beat a proper transmitter and receiver.  It's the bomb
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3592
    Another smoothhound fan. You can get 8-12 AAA batteries for a pound at the discount shops. They last well enough and there is a battery charge indicator on the receiver. I always have a spare lead and some spare batteries on stage because I'm conditioned to expect failure at the wronge time, never had to substitute a smoothhound for a cable in the couple of years I've used mine. It takes seconds to swap the batteries out, but beware new batteries means the unit is ON and live if you plug it back in on stage!