SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD ; JOHN 5 CABRONITA BLINGCASTER £325

DominicDominic Frets: 16097
edited February 2018 in Guitars £

3 years ago I was captivated by a Custom shop Cabronita with a relic Goldtop and gold hardware,Filtertrons etc......the only problem and impediment to my ownership was the small matter of the £3400 price tag !
 I decided to put together my own "budget" version .............

RECIPE ;
 Take one Squire John 5 Tele (2nd generation one )in gold sparkle ,remove Enforcer humbuckers ( choose one with the darkest fingerboard you can find ).
 Remove pick guard and replace with aged cream one ,slightly modded to accept Filtertrons.
 Purchase and install Gretsch Filtertrons
 Send to top Luthier for a bit of fettling and fine tuning.

RESULT ; 
 A great playing and very unique instrument that is incredibly versatile - it will do the Malcolm Young Rock Rythmn and it will do the Country Twang like a slightly thicker sounding traditional tele (not a bad thing ) and everything soul/funky.
 The neck is a bit thicker than a normal modern tele but not as thick as a 50s Baja - feels perfect.
I have some lovely Fender teles and it really, really doesn't feel any different ;the original manufacture is great quality and it has been breathed on by a great Luthier to play as well as the guitar it imitates.

Blingfactor - 10 out of 10 ........maybe not everybody's cup of tea but great for gigging because it really does do it all and you'll certainly be noticed .......It's mint condition  and I think it's about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on .

Colour doesn't photo well -it looks much better in the flesh .
Delivery not inc . but happy to talk/ meet if practical.
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• That is awesome! Love it 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    Cheers; I'm really quite proud of it -but I am a John 5 fan too 
    I thought not everybody would want to be seen playing it ..........its a bit like having sex with a big fat girl -I call it the moped theory ;
     You're perfectly happy riding round on one 'til any of your mates find out!
  • I wouldn’t give a shit I would rock it ( the fat girl that is) 
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    +1 for fat girls and +1 for this guitar, too
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    GREAT RESPONSE ...........now sold
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6390
    Not surprised, lovely job !

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2764
    Blimey that went quick, was getting quite tempted
    great stage machine