SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SORTED THANKS WTB Japanese Fender Jaguar

What's Hot
grayngrayn Frets: 880
edited February 2018 in Guitars £
Looking for a Jaguar from japan or possibly MIM
Got £650 to spend.
I like to collect, so preferably from someone in NW England or within 2hrs drive.

Cheers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    I'm surprised that @HarrySeven has not leapt to your aid. ;) He could probably spare an MIJ or CIJ example.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Two just hit eBay. Sunburst for £550 bin. Daphne blue for £1250 bin. 

Only one of these is a good deal
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm surprised that @HarrySeven has not leapt to your aid. ;) He could probably spare an MIJ or CIJ example.
    Or a MIM, AVRI, etc.

I really need to do a H7 Offset audit...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• pm'd

It wasn't even two years ago when people couldn't shift a sunburst mij for £300. 
    It's crazy what's happened to mij fenders
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

It wasn't even two years ago when people couldn't shift a sunburst mij for £300. 
    I guess I only meant ‘comparatively’ good deal. @Grayn my opinion (for what it’s worth) is that the Mexican jags are easily comparable with the MIJ/CIJ stuff and shouldn’t be discounted. Japanese Fenders tend to feel quite generic IMHO (but still very good guitars!!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 658
    Two just hit eBay. Sunburst for £550 bin. Daphne blue for £1250 bin. 

I guess I only meant ‘comparatively’ good deal. @Grayn my opinion (for what it’s worth) is that the Mexican jags are easily comparable with the MIJ/CIJ stuff and shouldn’t be discounted. Japanese Fenders tend to feel quite generic IMHO (but still very good guitars!!)
    I had a Jap Jag years back and the pickups were awful esp with a bit of gain they whistled like a kettle.
    Are the Mexican pickups any better?
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9621
    edited February 2018
    The Lacquer Jags/Jazzes have the same pickups as the AVRI equivalents. I don’t know about other MIM models, but I’ve found the “standard” MIM Classic Strat & Tele pickups to be very good.