Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Enjoyable comedy new and old

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• NeillNeill Frets: 943
    Sporky said:
    Toast of London.
    Marvellous stuff.

I agree - in fact it's the funniest thing I've seen on TV since Spike Milligan's "Q" series.

I always end up going back to the Marx Brothers though, such a lot of modern comedy can be traced back to classics like Duck Soup and a Night at the Opera.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just watched the first episode of Derry Girls, I laughed out loud a few times, bloody hilarious 
  • Richard Stilgoe ... always enjoyed his humourous songs on telly during the 1970s, he appeared at Brunel University in the late 70s when I was a student there. Hellishly funny and musically brilliant, we didn't want his act to stop and called him back for more. The second time we did it he got a bit angry and told us in no uncertain terms that he'd had enough and wanted to go home. Shame, we could have listened to him all night.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Richard Stilgoe ... always enjoyed his humourous songs on telly during the 1970s, he appeared at Brunel University in the late 70s when I was a student there. Hellishly funny and musically brilliant, we didn't want his act to stop and called him back for more. The second time we did it he got a bit angry and told us in no uncertain terms that he'd had enough and wanted to go home. Shame, we could have listened to him all night.
    There's a name from the past! He was on TV a fair bit in the 70s and was very entertaining.
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    Ravenous said:
    Sassafras said:
    Any of the 70s sitcoms that featured casual racism and its hilarious consequences.
    Oh boy - I won't go into details but to us puerile-minded little boys in the '70s, "Love thy neighbour" was popular then.  I wouldn't watch stuff like that today!
    Back then it was just normal TV, along with Rising Damp and till Death do us part etc ..... to be fair the writers idea was to challenge racist views by showing Garnett to be an idiot but it wasn't very well executed and ended up just being offensive 

That aside I can't think of many good 70's shows about anything 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • Danny1969 said:

I beg to differ: The Good Life had Felicity Kendal
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    Danny1969 said:

I beg to differ: The Good Life had Felicity Kendal
    FK in the Good life is still my ideal woman
  • Always sunny in Philadelphia. 1st series is so so, but from Danny Devito’s arrival in series 2 it just keeps getting better. The lethal weapon episodes had me in stitches.
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    The News At Ten usually reduces me to tears of laughter. There’s some right characters in that. Can be a bit dark at times and maybe a bit far fetched but always worth a chuckle.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3067
    Phone Shop.  

Clip contains nsfw language...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom