Blue PRS - Got a bit of GAS..

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• mbembe Frets: 1840
    IncredibleMusicman20 said:
    Adam_MD said:
    'It will do anything from beautiful blues to high gain rock due to its 57/08 bridge pickup. These pickups are modelled after the popular American made 57/08s which are PAF style humbuckers that clean up beautifully.'
    Ah I thought they had an actual US 57/08 not a Korean version of the same pickup.  

I know....the webpage is misleading. At the top it says:

PRS SE Chris Robertson Signature Guitar in Kentucky Blueburst

With Incredible USA 57/08 Pickups!

'Incredible' : adjective : impossible to believe.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    I've deleted the email now, but I'm sure it said on the email or the linked page that the ones included in the sale are the old model, which does have US pickups and that the current model has had them replaced with Korean version.  I would double check.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveFSteveF Frets: 538
    I also believe it was just the humbucker (even in the old model) that was US made - I believe the P90 has always been a Korean one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    edited February 2018
    Andertons have an "epic deal" on these

https://www.andertons.co.uk/prs-se-chris-robertson-signature-guitar-in-kentucky-blueburst-secrkbb

I'm not a huge fan of Black Stone Cherry, but the combination of that colour and a P90 and Humbucker together is getting me a little hot under the collar...

Put me off....?
    So apart from the ad lying to us all as it only has one USA 57/08 pickup, rather than pickups plural, it doesn't actually have any at all, incredible or otherwise.

And while the price is lower than it was, it's still a lot of money for a blue guitar.  NB.  All blue guitars are derided on here along the lines of "who buys a blue guitar?" or "that will be a bargain for the next owner" or "fuck me: a blue guitar....".

And don't PRSs have odd necks too, neither one thing nor another?

Did that help?

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've emailed to find out....as I quite like them....looks like Musicman's Blue Dawn colour (think it was called that).

BUT, in fairness, the main summary page states:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/prs-se-2017-epic-deal?utm_campaign=180219-GTT-333-PRS-email&utm_source=emarsysemail&utm_medium=email&sc_src=email_2998849&sc_lid=158672149&sc_uid=3y7OkDIVzd&sc_llid=8669&sc_eh=a0b3101f08ccb36d1

Chris Robertson SE – The Black Stone Cherry frontman hit it out of the park when spec’ing up his signature SE. This model has the highly sought-after USA 57/08 bridge pickup and was the only SE model to ever have these pickups in them – newer models have SE 57/08s which are built in Korea. These pickups respond to the dynamics of your playing in a way that only a PAF style humbucker could. They sound warm and bold with a good clean tone but really shine when plugged into a bit of dirt. You can really get your amp to do the work and allow the pickup to give you that fat, screaming humbucker tone.

The Chris Robertson has also got a P90 single coil pickup in the neck for good measure. The P90 is hot and clear and sounds incredible for bluesy lead lines or mildly overdriven riffs.

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7109
    rlw said:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/prs-se-chris-robertson-signature-guitar-in-kentucky-blueburst-secrkbb

I'm not a huge fan of Black Stone Cherry, but the combination of that colour and a P90 and Humbucker together is getting me a little hot under the collar...

Put me off....?
    So apart from the ad lying to us all as it only has one USA 57/08 pickup, rather than pickups plural, it doesn't actually have any at all, incredible or otherwise.

And while the price is lower than it was, it's still a lot of money for a blue guitar.  NB.  All blue guitars are derided on here along the lines of "who buys a blue guitar?" or "that will be a bargain for the next owner" or "fuck me: a blue guitar....".

Did that help?

Bit of noodling on my sonic blue strat soon shuts up the haters!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    SteveF said:
    I also believe it was just the humbucker (even in the old model) that was US made - I believe the P90 has always been a Korean one. 
    The se p90s are pretty decent pickups though I have a set in an se and don’t feel the need to change them.
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited February 2018
    They are really nice guitars. I think it’s a clever design. I’d just like one with a Floyd on.

I’m not a big fan of Black Stone Cherry, but Chris Robertson seems like a lovely guy. He’s always on the PRS Facebook group as someone mentioned. I think him and Steve Stevens are just guitar geeks with no pretentions. 
  • Adam_MD said:
    'It will do anything from beautiful blues to high gain rock due to its 57/08 bridge pickup. These pickups are modelled after the popular American made 57/08s which are PAF style humbuckers that clean up beautifully.'
    Ah I thought they had an actual US 57/08 not a Korean version of the same pickup.  

The Kentucky Blueburst model does have the USA 57/08 its just fecking Andertons fuckwits screwing up the listings. Its only the newer 2018 PRS logo'd Black cherry/Flame red version that has the Korean S57/08...........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MD said:

The Kentucky Blueburst model does have the USA 57/08 its just fecking Andertons fuckwits screwing up the listings. Its only the newer 2018 PRS logo'd Black cherry/Flame red version that has the Korean S57/08...........
    Cheers for clearing that up.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Just to add to the confusion though there was an original Cherry Burst run that had the US 57/08s. So if you ever stumble across that colour thinking that’s the one you want, make sure you check. 
  • Yes the original Black Stone Cherry Burst had the USA 57/08 with Korean p90. This was followed up by a larger run of the Kentucky Blue Burst that also had the USA 57/08 and Korean p90. Things changed with the arrival of the Fire Red Burst with the Korean made 57/08s replacing the original USA 57/08. The price was lowered from £849 to £799 to reflect the different pickup. Some say they like the Korean 57/08s over the USA version so it looks like it is well worth looking into if you want the Cherry Burst over the Blue.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4704
    tony99 said:
    rlw said:

Put me off....?

Did that help?

Bit of noodling on my sonic blue strat soon shuts up the haters!!
    I have a blue tele..........
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    I'm seriously tempted by the Bernie Marsden 2017 PRS... anyone played one? Are they good? I'm normally a Les Paul guy...!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Nothing wrong with a Blue PRS with 57/08.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    I'm seriously tempted by the Bernie Marsden 2017 PRS... anyone played one? Are they good? I'm normally a Les Paul guy...!
    I know the feeling.