SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Chicago Music Exchange '63 Gibson ES335 ebony, split parallelogram inlays

What's Hot
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Long shot, I know, but does anyone know where I might be able to get one of these?
  • They're a limited dealer run for that shop so you may struggle. The secondhand market may be the way to go but they are more than likely a ltd run.

You could contact the shop directly and ship one over?
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Someone on here bought a varitone-less ES-345 a year or two ago, which is essentially the same thing but in a natural finish with the 345 double binding and gold hardware.
    I remember it well because Coda were doing a great deal on them and I wanted one but missed out. 
    Not sure how important the black finish is to you but it might be worth keeping your eyes open for one of the 345s if they appear for sale.
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122

Sometimes Max Guitar Store in Germany has some really high end 335's, like this one...
    https://www.maxguitarstore.com/products/gibson-custom-shop-1963-es-335-m2m-vos-2/

• Thanks for the replies. @stevie_the_spy yes, these are a limited run for CME, and I've been in touch with them directly but they've already sold the run. I think there were 25 in total, so my chance of finding one are small.

@basher I saw the deal Coda had a while back, and they were at a great price, but it's the black finish on the CME run I'm really into.

@Hick81 that's a really great looking cherry red 335, which would be my next choice after one of the CME one's I linked to originally. Going to hold out for a while in case by some strange chance of fate one of the ones I linked to is available.

I know it's unlikely, but if anyone knows how to source one of the ebony CME 335s, I've got cash waiting and would love to get my hands on one!

Thanks

• Still looking.
  • cgumtreecgumtree Frets: 35
    Bump.
    Bump.
  • Probably one of the best looking guitars I’ve seen that. Good luck with your search. 
    Probably one of the best looking guitars I’ve seen that. Good luck with your search. 
    I know! Kicking myself for not getting one from CME when they had them in stock.
    Bump.
    Bump.
    Bump.
    Bump.
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    Can you not commission one at Gibson either directly or through an authorised dealer? Might be more expensive and involve a wait (I know you can do this with the Fender Custom shop.)
    @thebreeze yes, I have a quote from the Custom Shop, but it's steep, and there's a 3-4 month wait time. I'm also a little hesitant to engage with them given their financial situation, and recent people changes.

• cbakaycbakay Frets: 67
    cgumtree said:
    @thebreeze yes, I have a quote from the Custom Shop, but it's steep, and there's a 3-4 month wait time. I'm also a little hesitant to engage with them given their financial situation, and recent people changes.

but it might be the last '63 es335 ebony, split parallelogram inlay Gibson puts out (as we know it)...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2806
    cbakay said:
    cgumtree said:

but it might be the last '63 es335 ebony, split parallelogram inlay Gibson puts out (as we know it)...
    I can imagine it would be at the top end price-wise, but I don't think the 3-4 month wait time is too bad tbh.