Under the radar

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• I thought It Follows was hugely overrated. It builds tension well but doesn't do much else, for me.

If you want good, modern, shit-you-up-at-bedtime  horror, try Rec (the spanish version, not the remake) 

Rec is good too, yes. 

It follows was brilliant I thought, much cleverer than most films (not just horror)  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22995
    I thought It Follows was hugely overrated. It builds tension well but doesn't do much else, for me.

If you want good, modern, shit-you-up-at-bedtime  horror, try Rec (the spanish version, not the remake) 

Rec is good too, yes. 

It follows was brilliant I thought, much cleverer than most films (not just horror)  

@ThePrettyDamned I'm with you on It Follows, wonderful film.  And I do like Rec as well.

If we're talking about recent clever horror movies, I've already mentioned it but I'll say it again - Raw is brilliant.

• Philly_Q said:
    I thought It Follows was hugely overrated. It builds tension well but doesn't do much else, for me.

Rec is good too, yes. 

@ThePrettyDamned I'm with you on It Follows, wonderful film.  And I do like Rec as well.

If we're talking about recent clever horror movies, I've already mentioned it but I'll say it again - Raw is brilliant.

I've heard of that one - on my list. 

I saw Veronica the other night - not scary at all, the nonsense online I can only presume is an attempt at viral marketing. Which is a shame as it was a nice story in its own right. 
    ThePrettyDamned said: 

I saw Veronica the other night - not scary at all, the nonsense online I can only presume is an attempt at viral marketing. Which is a shame as it was a nice story in its own right. 

I saw it at the London Film Festival last year, expecting it to be a completely different film with the same title - I got a Spanish horror movie rather than a Mexican psychological thriller! 

It was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary.  It reminded me a little of Ouija - not the first one, but the prequel which is a bit better.

Have you seen Thelma?  It's a sort of Norwegian arthouse version of Carrie (to very unfairly sum it up in a few words).  I liked it a lot.

• RockerRocker Frets: 4987
    Sully

Calvary
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    http://i68.tinypic.com/ekiago.jpg

A French film about a man who may or may not be some sort of actor or Angel who travels through Paris adopting different characters. Sort of. Kylie crops up. There’s a fantastic accordion interlude. And it ends up with a monkey and some talking cars.
    Bit of a one off. 
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    http://i64.tinypic.com/akjpcx.jpg

A rubber tyre with telekinetic powers goes on a killing spree. 
  • Philly_Q said:
    ThePrettyDamned said: 

I saw it at the London Film Festival last year, expecting it to be a completely different film with the same title - I got a Spanish horror movie rather than a Mexican psychological thriller! 

It was OK, but nothing out of the ordinary.  It reminded me a little of Ouija - not the first one, but the prequel which is a bit better.

Have you seen Thelma?  It's a sort of Norwegian arthouse version of Carrie (to very unfairly sum it up in a few words).  I liked it a lot.

I have not - but its on the list. My next film is annihilation, then I'll try Thelma. 

As a reverse-horror, I strongly recommend tucker and Dale versus evil. Absolutely brilliant. 
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7779
    Philly_Q said:
    ThePrettyDamned said: 

I have not - but its on the list. My next film is annihilation, then I'll try Thelma. 

As a reverse-horror, I strongly recommend tucker and Dale versus evil. Absolutely brilliant. 
    or the best meta-horror movie ever Cabin in the woods
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    ThePrettyDamned said: 

or the best meta-horror movie ever Cabin in the woods
    All good stuff!  A couple more good comedy horrors:  Housebound and 100 Bloody Acres.