SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Fender Cust Shop 69 Strat NOS - Final reduction to £1700, Josephina Handwounds, quartersaWN

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• shefguitarshefguitar Frets: 206
    Brize said:
    @Brize I agree with you that's the received wisdom or the 'technically' correct view. I was just making a point that there are plenty of guitars sold by retailers as 'new' that are far from being new by any reasonable definition.
    Any new guitar that's damaged (barring relics) should be described as shop soiled.
    Even if it's not damaged but has been played by every Tom, Dick and Harry for 6 months in the shop it's not new is it? It should be sold as a 'demonstrator' but that doesn't happen. But it's okay for shop to do that but you pull the OP up on his description when it was clear to everyone what he meant anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    Brize said:
    @Brize I agree with you that's the received wisdom or the 'technically' correct view. I was just making a point that there are plenty of guitars sold by retailers as 'new' that are far from being new by any reasonable definition.
    Any new guitar that's damaged (barring relics) should be described as shop soiled.
    Even if it's not damaged but has been played by every Tom, Dick and Harry for 6 months in the shop it's not new is it? It should be sold as a 'demonstrator' but that doesn't happen. But it's okay for shop to do that but you pull the OP up on his description when it was clear to everyone what he meant anyway.
    You're confusing condition with new-ness. A shop-soiled guitar is still brand-new and will still come with a warranty.
    Brize sais:

You're confusing condition with new-ness. A shop-soiled guitar is still brand-new and will still come with a warranty.
    If that's the case, what does 'as new condition' mean then?
    Brize sais:

In the same condition as when purchased brand new, whatever that condition may be. A relic can be as-new - it doesn't mean it's pristine.
    Brize said:
    Brize sais:

In the same condition as when purchased brand new, whatever that condition may be. A relic can be as-new - it doesn't mean it's pristine.
    No-one expects a relic'd guitar to be pristine but most people would expect a new non-relic guitar to be pristine.

It seems you're talking about the legal definition whereas I'm talking about the common-sense view so in that sense we're not going to agree.
    edited March 2018
    ^^ I think we can agree that (a) it's likely a cracking guitar, (b) it's in excellent condition, and (c) the asking price of £1,700 is fair and reasonable.

Good luck OP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Brize said:
    ^^ I think we can agree that (a) it's likely a cracking guitar, (b) it's in excellent condition, and (c) the asking price of £1,700 is fair and reasonable.

Good luck OP.
    Yes, good luck OP and sorry for derailing your thread.
  • BachBach Frets: 11
    PM sent