Boss pedals + Pedaltrain = slippy mcsliperson

What's Hot
horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
So, I love my pedaltrain and ive got my new tu3, except, one does not work with the othwr. How do you get yours to stay on there?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• take of the rubber on the boss pedal. Then use Dual lock to stick the pedal on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Can you turn the bottom panel over on a boss pedal and just Velcro the smooth metal plate? I'm pretty sure I did that with my ps-3 when I had one
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Can you turn the bottom panel over on a boss pedal and just Velcro the smooth metal plate? I'm pretty sure I did that with my ps-3 when I had one
    You can on some Boss, but not all. Gotta be careful that there is enough depth for the rubber, otherwise you can do damage.
  • I once fu ked up an old boss sd1 taking it off...disnt know you could!
  • I believe you can also find third party baseplates for BOSS pedals which have no rubber and are flat so you can add your own choice of fastener.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You can buy plain metal bottom plates from Boss. 
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1384
    Wrap the bottom plate in insulation tape, stock the velcro to that. Then, if you sell the BOSS, the bottom plate has the rubber still.

Of course, once it picks up a few scuffs and dings, intact rubber foot isn't going to affect the value much.
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289
    I use a couple of pedal boots form ACD Guitars, which make for quick pedal swaps when needed. They come in various colours to fit Boss/Ibanez and MXR pedals:

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    edited February 2018
    I just use Velcro brand heavy duty Velcro around the edges like this and it's rock solid 

https://i.imgur.com/x5fb5go.jpg

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    edited February 2018
    Try again....
  • Use a longer piece of Velcro on the pedal and have it going up the sides a bit. 

Or 

take off the base plate and wrap the Velcro round it so some ends up on the face that’ll be  “inside” the pedal. Put the base plate back on and there you go. 
  • bbill335 said:
    Wrap the bottom plate in insulation tape, stock the velcro to that. Then, if you sell the BOSS, the bottom plate has the rubber still.

Of course, once it picks up a few scuffs and dings, intact rubber foot isn't going to affect the value much.
    You can just glue the rubber back on.
  • not_the_dj said: ko
    Use a longer piece of Velcro on the pedal and have it going up the sides a bit. 

Or 

take off the base plate and wrap the Velcro round it so some ends up on the face that’ll be  “inside” the pedal. Put the base plate back on and there you go. 
    Ooh,good tip Sir!

This might have solved the problem of attaching my Zoom Ultrafuzz (with a large rubber base that's a bugger to get off) to my board properly. I tried all sorts of things but nothing really worked.

Ta muchly.
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    If you don't fancy pulling the rubber off
    http://checkitloud.com/resources/velcro-templates/

• horseheadhorsehead Frets: 220
    shuikit said:
    If you don't fancy pulling the rubber off
    http://checkitloud.com/resources/velcro-templates/

Different