Micro head build help

BadBoyKaneBadBoyKane Frets: 2
edited February 2018 in Amps
I wanted to try something real simple for a first time amp build so I found a layout online based on the smokey amp I guess originally with some mods.
I done a vero layout based on it but added a power led indicator.

Soldered it all up and connected to a speaker, it powers up fine and the speaker has that initial quiet click type sound (I guess a sort of powering on sound) however there is no output from the guitar to be heard.

I am wondering if anyone is able to look at my drawn out layout and see if I have gone wrong with anything anywhere, the original and my hand drawn layout I have uploaded for someone to take a look at and possibly help.

Much appreciated if someone is able to guide me here a little, thanks

Couldn't figure out the image thing to make it show here

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iSHXCTs.jpg[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/9Xu0oja.jpg[/img]

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    Had a quick look, your layout for C2 is slightly different, have you cut the tracks between C2 legs and also correct polarity e.g. +ve to pin 5 of the chip? 
    Forgot to mention trust you put an 8 pin DIL socket in so you can check the voltages etc. rather than solder the chip straight to the board? 
  • BadBoyKaneBadBoyKane Frets: 2
    edited February 2018
    Thanks for the tips, I didn’t cut the trace under the C2, I have done that now and also what I spotted is my IC is mirrored and should be the other way round so I whipped that out (yep had an IC socket there) and bent the legs round so in effect mirrored it and now I have sound, although very fuzzy like a really bad fuzz pedal.
    at least I have sound so far, just gotta try sort that fuzz out and then it’s sorted hopefully, maybe I damaged the C2 by not originally cutting the trace?
    thanks
    The cap won't be damaged, as it wasn't actually in circuit, but your IC may well be. Personally I would start again and build it as per the original board get the orientation of the socket the right way around to the drawing. 
  • Yeah I think you’re right, that’s my next step for next weekend to sit down and start again.
    thanks for your input