Andertons now saying 20.05.18 for Marshall Origin 20w head.

What's Hot

Comments

• PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    darthed1981 said:
    Side question, is it just because they are a new range from Marshall people are stoked about these?  What is the big selling point for everyone?

It's not just that they are new. It gives us classic Marshall tones at useable volumes. I played the 20 watt combo on its 1/2 watt setting with the gain and master turned right up and it wasn't loud at all - perfect for practising at home. Yet flick it onto the 20 watt setting and you can gig it. Make no mistake, these are going to be very popular.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11775
    Plectrum said:
    darthed1981 said:
    Side question, is it just because they are a new range from Marshall people are stoked about these?  What is the big selling point for everyone?

It's not just that they are new. It gives us classic Marshall tones at useable volumes. I played the 20 watt combo on its 1/2 watt setting with the gain and master turned right up and it wasn't loud at all - perfect for practising at home. Yet flick it onto the 20 watt setting and you can gig it. Make no mistake, these are going to be very popular.
    Cool I must give one a try :)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Plectrum said:
    darthed1981 said:

Cool I must give one a try :)
    Don't. Marshalls are generally very bright amps voiced to cut through the mix rather than sound wonderfully full in isolation.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • Andertons now saying Monday 16th April for Origin 20W !
  • I do think I fancy the 20W hear when they finally arrive.

My advice - keep in the line at Andertons but ask for your money back apart from a deposit. They will definitely do that for you.

• CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    RiftAmps said:
    I had a chance to play the Origin 20 today at TGS - it's VERY good. I spoke to the Marshall guys about dealer delivery dates for the Origin range and it was always going to be mid-May, I think that Anderton's just fluffed up when loading the product onto their system, it happens.
    and in the limited namm clips steve said they were ready to go when the truth is they plainly are not.......real classy Marshall 
    I might be wrong but I thought he said they were in the warehouse and ready to go or something like that.

If the warehouse is in Vietnam and they have to be shipped, clear customs, checked, sent to dealers etc its likely not to be that quick.
  • The video demos are not going well
    https://youtu.be/xbX-JUEPuso
    I’m sure these amps sound much better than this in the room.... please tell me they do!
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    I don't know how they've managed to make that sound so awful. 
    The video demos are not going well
    https://youtu.be/xbX-JUEPuso
    I’m sure these amps sound much better than this in the room.... please tell me they do!
    They absolutely do sound better than that!
  • I saw the peach vid briefly too before it was removed. They sounded a bit better on that and there was some useful insight on the settings of the controls, but there were audio issues too. I think I need to try before I buy so I’ll wait until I can compare a DSL, Jubilee and Origin in a shop before making a decision.
    I saw the peach vid briefly too before it was removed. They sounded a bit better on that and there was some useful insight on the settings of the controls, but there were audio issues too. I think I need to try before I buy so I’ll wait until I can compare a DSL, Jubilee and Origin in a shop before making a decision.

Three very different amps. Which would be best for you depends hugely on what style of music you play.
  • 60s to 80s, single channel ideally
  • kreggskreggs Frets: 64
    Do they break the speakers in before they record the demos haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6702
    Thomann saying end of March. Now I don't know WHAT to think. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Another video pulled. The comments in the YouTube feed were overwhelmingly negative though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Any updates on these yet gents, seems 20th April is the most recent estimate.
  • https://youtu.be/g9ONqxXhbzM
    Another demo.
    I’d approach promoting this amp very differently
    Potentially this amp is very good

• TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2898
    The master is very low on that. Like any typical marshall these sound best when you get the master up a bit - 5-6ish is where the good stuff starts happening.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds better on the sweetwater demo I think
  • https://youtu.be/QeeIQDtqGj8
    Much better demo. Sounds great with the musicman