How do you use your dual Eventide H9s

What's Hot
I know some of your folks are using setups with two (or more) H9s. What algorithms are you using in combination?

I guess the obvious use is to set the first one for dirt/EQ/harmonizer stuff, and the second for reverb, or a vibe. What other stuff is possible? And do you use the switching options like pre-post with a dual setup?

Also, how do you wire them? Next to each other, or with other pedals in between?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have two. Mainly have my max for my modulation etc in my Boss looper (ES 5) and then last in the chain (not in the looper) is my other H9 which I use for delays and reverb etc. Going to two amps on occasions for stereo delays etc
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I have two. Mainly have my max for my modulation etc in my Boss looper (ES 5) and then last in the chain (not in the looper) is my other H9 which I use for delays and reverb etc. Going to two amps on occasions for stereo delays etc
    Nice, that's the kind of thing I'm after. That and the nutso stuff, putting the Harpeggiator into another harpeggiator, for instance.
  • I'll be following this thread too to check out other peoples uses ;)
  • I'll be following this thread too to check out other peoples uses ;)
    I have a second one on the way, so I’ll be reporting in when I’ve had a chance to abuse it. 
  • Please do :)
  • It arrived, and I have a preliminary set up. One H9 is first in line, after the tuner and buffer, followed by a Hudson Broadcast. Then comes the second H9, then a PitchFork. Finally, a looper. 

I’m planning on moving the Pitch Fork up the line, between the first H9 and the Broadcast. That way I can have the pitch shift before and/or after dirt. Tbh I don’t know why I put it where it is now. It’s almost pointless at the end of the line.

So far I’m digging the 2xH9 setup. Running the Peach Fuzz into the Broadcast is fantastic, really really beefy filth, only with clarity to the notes. I also loaded an EQ/Compressor preset onto the second, to shape it further.

One thing I’ll look into is matched presets. That is, I’ll give paired presets the same number on each pedal. For instance, preset 10 on H9 no.1 could be a fuzz, matched with a wah on preset 10 of H9 no.2. This would let me easily recall stacked presets without resorting to midi. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have mine calculating the square root of pi
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom