slightly late NPD (ThorpyFX content)

What's Hot
Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
Picked up The Fat General at the Guitar Show on Saturday.

I've had a quite a few compressors, and all have fell short of my expectations of what a gigging compressor should do. (boost the clean signal slightly, not muddy the original tone, and not get super squishy.. just even things out)

Never tried it, purchased it literally because the Gunshot & Peacekeeper work really well for me.

Initial impressions, It does everything I need. I literally lost an hour to playing it when i got home from the show! Looking forward to gigging it at the weekend.

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4845
    Awesome, was looking to try one of these eventually. Keep us updated with how the gig experience goes, not showing up for sale yet but looking forward to seeing some demos. 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markr76markr76 Frets: 360
    I have one also. It really is a fantastic compressor. I too love the fact it doesn't  lop off the treble response and all the dynamics. My first compressor for a good while. I'd pretty much given up on them. Until now!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    Gigged it last night, pretty much kept it on for every song requiring a clean tone. Also sounded great into the Peacekeeper & KoT.

Need to have a re-jig of the board as the Fat General will be getting more use so needs to move to the front row. 

In my band I do pa and lights, forgot to pack a guitar stand however..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom