Anything similar to a Line 6 POD these days that is good?

What's Hot
Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
Not sure if this should be in here or really in FX! Currently using the headphone out from a Fender SS amp for late night/quiet playing and used to have Line 6 POD which I miss. Not convinced by the VOX Amplugs, maybe something like the Palmer?

Been a long time since I looked at things like this!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6393
    edited February 2018
    I believe the Pocket PODs & HD500 (rack or floor units) are still for sale. 

Yamaha THX scratches most practice needs for me.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I picked up an HD500 for not much more than a hundred quid. Works brilliantly. Only limitation against the later "X" model is memory which only impacts if you're using several stomp boxes at the same time. By which I mean like 7!

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
    I think something along the lines of something I don't have to plug in to the mains, this is a very old house and doesn't have too many power points! Would like to play a bit away from my "corner"...... Small is good!
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    I sold a Pocket Pod recently. Runs off triple A batteries. Some amazing sounds in that device inc ‘big amp’ noises. Think they’re pretty cheap too. I’d recommend one.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    I use a Zoom G1on for this occasionally. Incredibly cheap, incredibly plasticy, but it sounds fairly decent and has built in drums. If you want to burn some cash I'd recommend the G3, which sounds the same but looks nicer.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
  • Axe FX 3?

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Zoom G3 is worth a look. Sounds good and can run on batteries.
  • Atomic Amplifire are very good. 
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 880
    This is just an alternative idea, might not work for you, but you could use software on a laptop:

Laptop
    Scarlett Solo (or similar) 
    DI box
    One of any number of software solutions - some are free, but the sky's the limit.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Jetsam1 said:
    Not sure if this should be in here or really in FX! Currently using the headphone out from a Fender SS amp for late night/quiet playing and used to have Line 6 POD which I miss. Not convinced by the VOX Amplugs, maybe something like the Palmer?

Second hand PODs can be had for peanuts.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:
    Jetsam1 said:

I have one for sale, complete with case + PSU, if you'd like to re-acquaint yourself with one? :)

R.
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 608
    Fretwired said:
    Jetsam1 said:

I have one for sale, complete with case + PSU, if you'd like to re-acquaint yourself with one? :)

R.
    PM incoming.