Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO??? Which one to buy?

What's Hot
Amrod92Amrod92 Frets: 0
Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I would like your wise advises.

Basically, I would like to buy my first guitar multi-effect rack to do some recording but I'm not really sure which one to buy. Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO?? I found them for £250.

I found the Axe-Fx Ultra for £700 on eBay and I'm really tempted to buy it but spend so much money on a hobby I don't know if it worth.

Guys I'm really sorry for my English and I hope to receive some advice from you. :)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    If you are just recording the software might be an option  Helix Native is less than both of those and in my opinion better.  A cheap option would be a line 6 UX1, you can pick them up for around £60 on ebay, basically all the sounds from the X3 pro but in a recording interface rather than a rack.

If you wanted something you could use live, an Atmoic Amlifire-firebox is well priced and sounds great.

The two units you have picked are both getting a bit old now, and while they are OK, thre is better stuff available now, and the resale value of both of those will continue to decrease.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    £700 is helix lt money or maybe even a full fat one used if you want a recording tool/interface (not rack mounted though)

The eleven rack used to get good reviews but I am not sure how well it has stood up to the test of time
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Amrod92Amrod92 Frets: 0
    Thanks, both of you guys! :)

To be honest I would like something that can sound like a Mesa Boogie Mark V.

Do you think that the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox would be a good option just to record?
    Guys do you have any advice for a rack mounted? Basically, I would like something good but not cheap. I got the M-Audio M-Track II with BIAS FX and I have some kind of noise that I can't get rid of it. Thant's why I thought the Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO their would be more "plug and play" and maybe without any problem with the drivers and noise.
    If it has to be rack mounted, Helix rack, if you want great sounds and have an audio interface a firebox will sound great and save you a fortune.  Trouble is there's a lot of choice, and they are all good.  I have a Helix and love it, but have had an Amplifire and if you compare sounds there's really not a lot in it
  • Gsp1101. Can do irs as well as 4cm. Very decent sims. Has Mesa models and..... I have one for sale!
    John_A said:
    If it has to be rack mounted, Helix rack, if you want great sounds and have an audio interface a firebox will sound great and save you a fortune.  Trouble is there's a lot of choice, and they are all good.  I have a Helix and love it, but have had an Amplifire and if you compare sounds there's really not a lot in it
    Man I hear the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox and sounds really good for the price!I think I'll go for the cheaper way, I am going to sell my M-AUDIO M-TRACK II buy the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox and a focusrite scarlett 2i2.  I saw that the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox can emulate the Mark IV so I am really happy!!! Probably in the future I'll buy the Helix rack  =) 

mattismetal said:
    Gsp1101. Can do irs as well as 4cm. Very decent sims. Has Mesa models and..... I have one for sale!
    Mate I go for the  Atmoic Amlifire-firebox it's really good for the price. Anyway Thank you =) I wish you a nice sell.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33851
    Honestly I wouldn't buy either now, having previously owned both.
    Wait for Axe FX III to come out and get a II at a knock down price.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    You mean the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox?
    Amrod92 said:
    octatonic said:
    You mean the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox?
    I do not.
    What do you think about the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox?
    Amrod92 said:
    It is ok but I would find it fiddly to use and I'm not convinced it sounds better than 'ok'.
    Amrod92 said:
    John_A said:
    Man I hear the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox and sounds really good for the price!I think I'll go for the cheaper way, I am going to sell my M-AUDIO M-TRACK II buy the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox and a focusrite scarlett 2i2.  I saw that the Atmoic Amlifire-firebox can emulate the Mark IV so I am really happy!!! Probably in the future I'll buy the Helix rack  =) 

mattismetal said:
    Gsp1101. Can do irs as well as 4cm. Very decent sims. Has Mesa models and..... I have one for sale!
    Mate I go for the  Atmoic Amlifire-firebox it's really good for the price. Anyway Thank you =) I wish you a nice sell.
    The firebox isn't an audio interface you'll still need the mtrack  
    edited March 2018

John_A said:
    The firebox isn't an audio interface you'll still need the mtrack  
    Yes, I know but I would like to replace my M-Track because I can't get along with the drivers.
    octatonic said:
    Amrod92 said:
    It is ok but I would find it fiddly to use and I'm not convinced it sounds better than 'ok'.
    I'll keep it until the AXE FX 2 start to getting cheaper. If you can suggest me some rack not really expensive you are very welcome =).
    If you are replacing the Mtrack then you may as well get something with a built in interface, a second hand Helix would be my shout.  Why does it have to be a rack?  If it does, keep your eyes peeled for a Helix Rack
    John_A said:
    If you are replacing the Mtrack then you may as well get something with a built in interface, a second hand Helix would be my shout.  Why does it have to be a rack?  If it does, keep your eyes peeled for a Helix Rack
    I share my computer with my girlfriend so I need something "user-friendly" in order to let her understand how to turn on the audio interface =) . The rack is good too because I can fit in some place, or under the monitor, rather than keep a pedalboard under my desk. Trust me I was about to buy the Helix LT that as far I understand is a little, but with all the components,  Helix and sound great!  
    Yes, if you can get over having to have a rack then the LT is a great option, but if it has to be a rack then a Helix rack second hand or used Axe FX maybe
    I saw the Axe-fx at £700 sounds really good but I think too expensive for an old product. I'll try to have a look for a Helix LT second hand.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited March 2018
    Amrod92 said:
    Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I would like your wise advises.

Basically, I would like to buy my first guitar multi-effect rack to do some recording but I'm not really sure which one to buy. Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO?? I found them for £250.

I found the Axe-Fx Ultra for £700 on eBay and I'm really tempted to buy it but spend so much money on a hobby I don't know if it worth.

Guys I'm really sorry for my English and I hope to receive some advice from you.
    Line 6 Messa Boogie presets are OK. Personally I'd look at something like the Amplify TT. It has the amps and effects from the old POD X3 range and is plug and play. You can also play it around the house. Costs around £160.

https://line6.com/amplifi/amplifi-tt/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!