Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO??? Which one to buy?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Amrod92Amrod92 Frets: 0
    Fretwired said:
    Amrod92 said:
    Hi guys, I'm new in this forum and I would like your wise advises.

Basically, I would like to buy my first guitar multi-effect rack to do some recording but I'm not really sure which one to buy. Eleven Rack or Line6 POD X3 PRO?? I found them for £250.

I found the Axe-Fx Ultra for £700 on eBay and I'm really tempted to buy it but spend so much money on a hobby I don't know if it worth.

Guys I'm really sorry for my English and I hope to receive some advice from you.
    Line 6 Messa Boogie presets are OK. Personally I'd look at something like the Amplify TT. It has the amps and effects from the old POD X3 range and is plug and play. You can also play it around the house. Costs around £160.

https://line6.com/amplifi/amplifi-tt/

It looks a nice product the Line 6 Amplifi TT Desktop but I am going for the Atomic Ampli-Firebox. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Remember you'll need a new audio interface too if you go for the firebox
    John_A said:
    Remember you'll need a new audio interface too if you go for the firebox
    Does the M-Audio M-Track 2x2 mixer going to work properly? I found it brand new for £80.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    edited March 2018
    Check out the Amplifire 6.

You get extra things like more effects, expression pedal ins, assignable footswitches, headphone out. Amplifire box offers the same basic tones but is less flexible.

I have an amplifire 12 and a Scarlett 6i6. It works really well.

The mesa mk4 model is ok, rather than amazing but there are other models on there which are superb (e.g. Friedman, hot rod brit).

I also have a pod xt and the amplifire is a million times better (despite what that andertons video would have you believe).

If you are replacing your interface at the same time and you are using it mainly for guitar then don't rule out a helix of some description as the interface is included.

A final option would be to just use plugins in your daw. But then you have to fire up the computer every time you want to play. Not very rock n roll and you may have some latency issues to deal with.
    NelsonP said:
    Check out the Amplifire 6.

You get extra things like more effects, expression pedal ins, assignable footswitches, headphone out. Amplifire box offers the same basic tones but is less flexible.

I have an amplifire 12 and a Scarlett 6i6. It works really well.

The mesa mk4 model is ok, rather than amazing but there are other models on there which are superb (e.g. Friedman, hot rod brit).

I also have a pod xt and the amplifire is a million times better (despite what that andertons video would have you believe).

If you are replacing your interface at the same time and you are using it mainly for guitar then don't rule out a helix of some description as the interface is included.

A final option would be to just use plugins in your daw. But then you have to fire up the computer every time you want to play. Not very rock n roll and you may have some latency issues to deal with.
    Thank you NelsonP. I'm going for the firebox because I sold my JP6 and now I'm buying the JP7 with piezo and I'm a bit out of my budget. So for the time being I'll use the firebox and probably in the future (hopefully not to far) I'll buy the helix rack or the Axe FX 2. To be honest I have enough about BIAS FX it's a good software but I have problem with the latency. So, I'll go for the firebox and I may replace my external sound card with a Scarlett 2i2 or M-Audio M-Track 2x2m.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    One thing to watch out for with the Scarlett 2i2 that I've found out this week. If you are using Reaper, you can only monitor what you're playing in "real time" in mono unless you can put up with lots of latency. It seems to be the same with all 2 in 2 out interfaces with Reaper.
    Luckily the Ableton live lite that comes (or at least it did when I bought mine) with the Focusrite doesn't suffer from this.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    normula1 said:
    One thing to watch out for with the Scarlett 2i2 that I've found out this week. If you are using Reaper, you can only monitor what you're playing in "real time" in mono unless you can put up with lots of latency. It seems to be the same with all 2 in 2 out interfaces with Reaper.
    Luckily the Ableton live lite that comes (or at least it did when I bought mine) with the Focusrite doesn't suffer from this.
    The focus right it's self should allow instant playback via the control panel? It's the case with the saffire range
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    edited March 2018
    It does, but not with any processing applied to it. I was trying to listen to my Marshall via a Neo Vent Leslie pedal in stereo using a (stereo) Celestion Impulse response in Reaper. Using the front panel switch to monitor essentially gives the input sound so none of the filtering if the IR.

It's a reasonable obscure use case, but thought it worth mentioning. There's no issue with other DAWs.