Fuzz quest. Frantone The Sweet vs Diaz Texas Square Face Fuzz

swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
Morning!

Still after the perfect fuzz for me and I've been offered a Frantone The Sweet and a Diaz Texas Square Face Fuzz.

Got a Soulbender which I like very much, so I was wondering which would give me a different flavour.

Ideally I'd get both and try them out and keep one, but it probably won't be possible.

BTW, playing through a Cornell plexi 7 with a LP.

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72574
    edited August 2013
    I don't know much about the Diaz, but the Frantone is a heavier-sounding Big Muff, basically. Massively powerful wall-of-fuzz type thing, but not subtle. It can easily overload smaller amps too - not in a 'good' way, unless you're trying to get a Neil Young exploding-amp sort of sound.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    It has to be the Diaz! :-O

Only kidding, I don't have a clue but Diaz is my surname. :)
  • swlabrswlabr Frets: 29
    Thx ICBM for the info about small amps. Already had a MJM China fuzz which was absolutely insane, so I can imagine the wall of fuzz you are talking about. I had also heard it was somewhat based on the Big Muff, but I had also read somewhere (got to try to find that website) that it was based on the tonebender mk2 which seemed logical having germanium transistors.

I've been on Diaz for a while and I think I'll pass on that one as it's fuzz face based. BTW Info of who Diaz was.

Also got a chance to go for a Diamond Firebust (but I would have to put some money on this one). Not quite convinced on this one either.

Cheers!