PRS 513 players

What's Hot
I'm not usually a big PRS fan (apart from my trusty old McSoapy) but I played a 513 last weekend and was knocked out by the authentic Tele' twang, pure Strat' out of phase and then fat hum buckers... all without swapping guitars!  Are there any long term 513 players with a view or is it a novelty that wears off?
Ta.
'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14290
    tFB Trader
    It is almost the Swiss Army knife model - does a lot - Will it nail a Strat as well as a Fender does ? then no - Will it nail a fat LP flavoured humbucking tone as well as a Gibson ? - then again no - Does it offer a versatile gigging package then yes with a lot of solutions and options in one neat package - Excellent build quality as always and IMO slick playing performance - I've sold  a few over the years and many have stick with it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I’ve had one for a few years and love it. 

It came into its own when I got my Kemper, being able to play the single coil sounds through a fender profile and then lead through a cranked Mesa, for me, it’s the ultimate in versatility. 
    I cant see mine going anywhere. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • amarok1971amarok1971 Frets: 338
    i've recently bought a swamp ash 513 and its pretty stratty to my ears, not 100% but near enough for my taste. A very versatile guitar
  • i've recently bought a swamp ash 513 and its pretty stratty to my ears, not 100% but near enough for my taste. A very versatile guitar
    Thanks for that, it's actually the Swamp Ash that I prefer but there are very few around so its hard to determine a fair price.

• Thanks for the knowledge, I managed to find a 25th Anniversary model locally.  It's almost mint... so it came home with e last night.  Looking forward to playing it in anger!!
    Cheers 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14290
    tFB Trader
    good news - enjoy and explore - mighty fine guitar IMO