Buying without trying: Fender Custom Shop

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Strat54 said:
    Yeah, a serious lack of decent guitars shop up north these days. I spent a lot of time when I was a prolific buyer heading back south to places like Chandlers. Sounds Great were okay when Gary was in charge but that all went pear shaped. Music Ground despite the criminal history were a source of good guitars too from the Custom Shop back in the day. 
    Which model are you after btw?
    It was a Post Modern Lush Closet Classic strat, with a beautiful figured neck, thought I would sleep on it and it was gone the next morning :’(

JonHosker said:
    Just bought a CS Strat (swap for another!! Long story...numpty purchase neck shape blunder)
    Bought from Peach..highly recommend them. As long as you know neck shape and general spec, you should be fine. Amazing guitar I have ended up with...roasted neck too!
    Did you swap, as in exchange, a guitar you purchased from Peach for another from them? If so how was the experience? They always have awesome guitars in stock.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    edited March 2018
    Strat54 said:
    Yeah, a serious lack of decent guitars shop up north these days. I spent a lot of time when I was a prolific buyer heading back south to places like Chandlers. Sounds Great were okay when Gary was in charge but that all went pear shaped. Music Ground despite the criminal history were a source of good guitars too from the Custom Shop back in the day. 
    It was a Post Modern Lush Closet Classic strat, with a beautiful figured neck, thought I would sleep on it and it was gone the next morning :’(
    Run, don’t walk...

http://www.guitars4you.co.uk/guitars/5450-fender-custom-shop-post-modern-strat-lush-closet-fire-mist-gold/
  • Strat54 said:
    Isn't the best bit of getting a fine strat playing loads of awesome cs strats and choosing the one you like?
    I won’t lie, I do love this experience, but some dealers are just too far for me to travel.

We seem to have opened a can of worms regarding returns etc, lets avoid that topic please.

I am well aware of my right to return, but am very aware of the consequences of returning guitars and the inconvenience it can cause a business, so I will be buying with the full intention to keep.

Your profile says you are in Birmingham.....surely that's not too far from anywhere, especially when you're spending £2k+ ?

Usually you’d be right, but work has me up North, when the gear is down South. I was weighing up buying a guitar from Andertons due to the great price - I didnt want to miss out... but i have :’(

this thread will also be useful in future if I want to preorder something
    If you’re up north and struggling to find a stunning CS Strat for sale you should come and try mine for size ;-)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22939
    Whitecat said:
    Strat54 said:
    Run, don’t walk...

http://www.guitars4you.co.uk/guitars/5450-fender-custom-shop-post-modern-strat-lush-closet-fire-mist-gold/
    Crikey, that's nice!
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Philly_Q said:
    Whitecat said:
    Strat54 said:
    Run, don’t walk...

Crikey, that's nice!
    I agree. Only my HLE Gold 57 Time Machine stopped me... it’s a little shallow honestly but if that one were not gold-coloured I just might anyway.