What’s this? New Mythos/Chapman pedals...

What's Hot
GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
in FX tFB Trader
I know, the brand divides opinion but what’s your thoughts on this?

https://youtu.be/kSaLJA4fzUE

Is this a prototype? A one off? To me it sounds more like a clean boost rather than a TS. 

Im guessing Chapman pedals are on the horizon...
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BlaendulaisBlaendulais Frets: 3325
    edited March 2018
    fuck please no the inifinity symbol is so appropriate it goes on and on.  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    edited March 2018
    lonestar said:
    To be fair I think the notion of Chapman pedals has been touted a couple of times over the last couple of years. I think initially they were being done through Martin Kidd/Victory. 

Rob himself mentioned in a recent video that his upcoming “signature” pedal with Mythos was a limited run so as not to cause any issues with any forthcoming Chapman pedals. 

FWIW none of the Mythos stuff has floated my boat despite the recent wave of youtube personalities endorsing them en masse. I also can’t abide the daft Greek god themed naming scheme. I’m sure they’re ok though. 
    How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    They were floating around a couple of years ago. There is an explanatory clip on YouTube but I'm already burning through my 4G this week. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850
    lonestar said:

They are.  CG is releasing some pedals soon, and Rob Chapman has a limited run of signature pedals coming from Mythos, which will only be made up until the CG pedals come out.

The pedal in the above video was a one-off made specifically for Rabea, it's not going to be a production thing.  I don't think the Chapman-gang-circle-jerk has extended to Mythos pedals.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    Time for more Chapman stick?
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13946
    From what I can gather it's based on thhe Mjolnir (the name of Thor's hammer) which is a Klone type pedal, so I reckon it will sound good. 

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    Going by the video it seems Bea wasn’t too bothered by it given that he felt two of the controls did nothing. When I was on the RCF there was talk of pedals years ago and at that time no one could understand why they were attempting to get into that marketplace. 
  • Would make sense if they could some rebadged budged Chinese stuff. Thomann has their own range, so should Andertons
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    Would make sense if they could some rebadged budged Chinese stuff. Thomann has their own range, so should Andertons
    Andertons stocks a lot of stuff you can only ( or at least mostly)  get from them in the UK now so they sort of have their own ranges. I wonder if they would make any more money on a bunch of clones with Andertons stamped on the front. I could see ( and maybe they have and I missed it) special run versions like thomann and Guitar Center have had by name maker's. A Thorpy Rob Chapman Looks Like a Warthog for instance. Or a tc electronic The Captain is my Alter Ego. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    edited March 2018
    Would make sense if they could some rebadged budged Chinese stuff. Thomann has their own range, so should Andertons

They already do - iirc the tone city range is an Andertons brand with a range of clones.  

I’m guessing at some point Rob and Lee had a discussion about a Chapman line of pedals and decided to do the tone city line of knock offs instead. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/tone-city?#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

• John_P said:

They already do - iirc the tone city range is an Andertons brand with a range of clones.  

I’m guessing at some point Rob and Lee had a discussion about a Chapman line of pedals and decided to do the tone city line of knock offs instead. 

https://www.andertons.co.uk/tone-city?#facet:&productBeginIndex:0&facetLimit:&orderBy:&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Ah didn’t realise that was an andertons only range. However, rebranding then as Chapman pedals might be brand savvy 
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    They're in discussions with Greggs for a new line of Chapman garlic bread. 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    mbe said:
    They're in discussions with Greggs for a new line of Chapman garlic bread. 
    I thought it was sausage rolls??