Strymon Mobius

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
Whats everyones experience with this unit?

I have just got a analogman and providence chorus to get me the chorus and leslie sound and a vintage mxr envelope filter and was thinking about a strymon flint to get me the nice trem sounds.

Then i was looking at uni vibe etc... this could be a more cost effective way of dealing with these sounds. 

Whats everyones thoughts on justing going for the one box solution?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pmgpmg Frets: 298
    my band mate has one and it sounds great.  no tone loss.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    Had a Mobius for ages. Had exactly the same thought process. Was using a bunch of single modulations, needed a couple of other bits and it made sense cost and space wise to get the Mobius. Worked great. Then went back to single pedals and it was great. Moving to an HXFX and it will be great. Kind of whatever works for you cost/ functionality/ size wise really. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• Ok great. Does it sound just as good as individual pedals? not too digital sounding?

Has it got the same trem sounds as the flint?
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2460
    Ok great. Does it sound just as good as individual pedals? not too digital sounding?

Has it got the same trem sounds as the flint?
    Like a lot of things in this area, there is always a compromise but it's "good enough". This may help...

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• GadgetGadget Frets: 896
    The Mobius is great, but as with all one-box-solution pedals, it'll only do one thing at once, so if you like stacking your modulation options the Mobius won't do them all simultaneously.
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
  • cheers guys! 

i'll watch that later but just looking at it it takes up 2/3 pedal spaces anyway?Boss size
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    edited March 2018
    I recently sold my möbius but only because I was lured by the H9s footprint. I'm not a massive modulation user anyway but I loved the sounds that came from it. Trouble with me I couldn't stop fiddling with the knobs as it's so tweakable. lovely unit indeed. There are haters around though but I really couldn't hear anything bad from it. By the way don't listen to the tone loss remarks that fly around. Utter bollocks imo lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • I recently sold my möbius but only because I was lured by the H9s footprint. I'm not a massive modulation user anyway but I loved the sounds that came from it. Trouble with me I couldn't stop fiddling with the knobs as it's so tweakable. lovely unit indeed. There are haters around though but I really couldn't hear anything bad from it. By the way don't listen to the tone loss remarks that fly around. Utter bollocks imo lol
    I second the "tone loss....bollocks" point, it sounds superb, especially the vibe, phaser and harmonic trem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 68
    I bought one for the exact same reason - more options and choice of effects that takes up less room on the board - since buying one I’ve sold all my modulation effects and never looked back.  I don’t find that it’s a case of a few effects sound good and the rest are ok at best - all of them sound good, with the rotary, vibe and trem being especially good.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Had one for best part of a year. Its great. Would like to try the boss md500 as i have the dd500 and really like that, but the mobius does all my modulation needs and more 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JackieB33JackieB33 Frets: 190
    edited March 2018
    I've recently bought a Mobius and i love it. Has some of the best chorus sounds i've heard. I think there are features in it that i'll still be uncovering in years to come. Probably a bit overkill for my needs too as i'll use roughly four or five engines at a push.. but it's a hell of a lot of fun to explore, and nice to have all that stuff on tap. 
    ''i've not seen a reaction like that in here since George Best got kicked out for glassing a bouncer''
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    I love mine, it’s got some great sounds in it. The only downside as mentioned is it can only do one at a time. 
  • Can it get these tones? 

Envelope filter 

Mxr https://youtu.be/5miCmSQ2VoY

guyatone https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vfmA5wIeY

• I think I need one:)
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1822
    Can it get these tones? 

Envelope filter 

Mxr https://youtu.be/5miCmSQ2VoY

guyatone https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M-vfmA5wIeY

Yes  I'd say so :) 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • There's a preset on it for the phaser, Thru Space.... perfect for Subterranean Homesick Alien.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom