Ibanez rg550 Genesis

What's Hot
sawyersawyer Frets: 732
Been reissued soon. Look good! Yellow,red,white and purple. I' digging the purple one mind. Look to be about £880ish. No case:( think there should be. Nice though!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    I'm sure they're nice but check eBay or any forum and you can find them for around £600 with a case. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7344
    If they've got a nice multi piece neck I think I'd prefer the newer ones. At least they're not over a grand like predicted.
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Yeah they multi piece necks.
  • I have a DY on order. The only major thing wrong with the originals was the neck construction so the multi-piece neck is a win IMO.
  • So interesting to see the different attitudes between brands and neck construction. I remember when I was really getting into gear 10+ years ago having a one piece neck seemed to be something people really cared about, like it was a sign of wood quality or something.

I do think neck construction is pretty key in how and instrument responds and sounds, and from my own experience I do think more rigid multi piece necks make sense for higher gain playing. I think you get a snappier attack with a stiffer neck. Plus they can be a bit more stable too.

Might not be the right choice for a vintage style Fender, but for something aimed at the higher gain market I think multi piece necks can make sense.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom