Transport(s) of Delight?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8031

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    See whether they’ll do discounted block bookings for the gear bazaar here.

not a bad idea in principle but I wonder how many people would really be prepared to fork out £99 a pop. At the rate of flipping of some FMs it’d cause seismic economic shock. 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I am not one who frequently buys or sells guitars, and would normally only trade with someone that I could drive to/from. The existence of these people would mean I could buy from someone who didn't live within drive-there-and-back-in-a-day distance. Good luck to 'em, I hope it works out.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    I hope it works out too, but I don't think it will.
    There's a similar service for motorbikes traded on eBay now, but the value of a bike is much higher, so the delivery quotes make sense at £150-200, even if the driver only has one bike on, and more people will pay that as an extra on, say, a £4k bike.
    Good luck to them though. I'd use them.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14456
    "... like a midwife."

Really?

Anyone for placentaburgers. ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3590
    Wasn't there someone on here scoping a project like this a while back? Is it the same person or a competition.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    martinw said:
    I hope it works out too, but I don't think it will.
    There's a similar service for motorbikes traded on eBay now, but the value of a bike is much higher, so the delivery quotes make sense at £150-200, even if the driver only has one bike on, and more people will pay that as an extra on, say, a £4k bike.
    Good luck to them though. I'd use them.
    You also can't send a motorbike via a conventional courier as far as I know.

I'd probably consider paying £99 to send a guitar worth a couple of grand if I really had to though, given that insurance seems to be barely worth the paper it's printed on with other couriers.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Proving again that the line between genius and idiocy is a fine one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom