Solutions for a slippy cab

What's Hot
BowksBowks Frets: 414
Having just picked up a new Harley Benton 2x12 and a lovely Marshall 30th Anniversary head, I have discovered the head is sat atop quite a slippery tolex surface, which worries me a little!

What have others used in the past to resolve this? Gaffer, or is there another solution you'd recommend?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1637

Paint the feet of the head with Copydex. Might need a few applications and it takes hours to dry this weather!

Or! At our local RockBottom shop they sell "rubbery" mats of an open mesh design and they are VERY non-slip. My poorly wife uses a bit of one to grip bottle tops. Very cheap and you can cut several pieces to lay on the cab. Keep spares in gig bag/gitcase.

Dave.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72471
    Put standard rubber feet on the amp instead of those daft hard plastic ones. They break easily if you catch them on something while you're carrying the amp and the foam pads inside them are virtually worthless as 'shock absorbers' anyway.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 918
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    Cheers all. I have ordered some of the grippy mesh. Looks quite handy as a work surface too, so ordered enough to roll out under a guitar too.