SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB - Brownface Fender Super (or Deluxe)

What's Hot
DixieDixie Frets: 9
Hello,
Ideally looking for a Brownface Fender Super in good working condition or a Brownface Deluxe.
Would consider a clone as long as it has that sweet harmonic tremolo 
:love:

Cheers,
Phil
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Brownface Deluxe is one of my desert island amps (assuming the desert island had power). Almost as rare but decent compromise is a Victoria Reverberammo. Has the harmonic trem then hook it up to any amp of your choice, Rift seem to have a particularly good ear for the brownface sound if you can check one out.
  • DixieDixie Frets: 9
    Brownface Deluxe is one of my desert island amps (assuming the desert island had power). Almost as rare but decent compromise is a Victoria Reverberammo. Has the harmonic trem then hook it up to any amp of your choice, Rift seem to have a particularly good ear for the brownface sound if you can check one out.
    I've had a look at rift but can't see any with harmonic tremolo, I'll drop them a line and see if it can be a custom request.  Looking at the prices they could be equal too or more than an original...
  • No none have the harmonic trem just the brownface type fundamental tone, the reverberammo is the brownface voiced harmonic trem, but as you say it all adds up. Often comes down to if you are prepared to deal with the issues inherent with maintaining a vintage amp against a newer spec tribute.
  • vertigo88vertigo88 Frets: 12
    Koch Amps The Greg? Hopefully will be with us soon...
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    There's something in the water....

Lots of enquiries on a 6G4-A Super lately, was there a magazine article or something that I missed?

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Had two original Brown Deluxes, ran them as a pair. Sold them both.

Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid Stupid 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DixieDixie Frets: 9
    RiftAmps said:

Lots of enquiries on a 6G4-A Super lately, was there a magazine article or something that I missed?

There's been a bit of a surge in the interest of harmonic tremolos recently in the pedal world.  More research leads to the brownface amps and the fact that they've never really been reissued makes them a bit tricky to track down.
    Joey Landreth also showed off his Super on TPS back in August and it sounded sublime.

Is it something that you've been looking into making a version of?

I'd love one that was suitable for home/bedroom use and as billzabozo says without the potential issues of a vintage amp.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    Dixie said:
    RiftAmps said:

There's been a bit of a surge in the interest of harmonic tremolos recently in the pedal world.  More research leads to the brownface amps and the fact that they've never really been reissued makes them a bit tricky to track down.
    Joey Landreth also showed off his Super on TPS back in August and it sounded sublime.

Is it something that you've been looking into making a version of?

I'd love one that was suitable for home/bedroom use and as billzabozo says without the potential issues of a vintage amp.
    I can build one as a custom order, no problem. It's the same platform as the 6G16 which I already offer so not a big stretch. The harmonic trem on the 6G4-A is better than that on the 6G4, so go for that.

A 6V6 version pushing around 20w would be possible.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    I used to own 6G4-A super, tried to sell it via this very forum, not a sniff! Did sell it eventually via reverb at knockdown price!
    It was a fantastic amp, the normal channel was out of this world, the tremolo channel was fantastic with the trem engaged but didn't sound as good as the normal channel with trem turned off and was not as loud either. I used it with an A/B/Y switch to change 'channel' and kept the trem on.
    Good luck with your search, you won't regret it! If you get a vintage one budget for changing the speakers as the oxfords are a bit underpowered for the amp.
  • m_customm_custom Frets: 49
    Dixie said:
    Hello,
    Ideally looking for a Brownface Fender Super in good working condition or a Brownface Deluxe.
    Would consider a clone as long as it has that sweet harmonic tremolo :love:

Cheers,
    Phil
    Phil, the brown deluxe doesn’t have the famed harmonic tremolo, this amp has the bias driven version.
    The Brownface Super, Concert, Pro, Bandmaster & Twin all had the harmonic wobble. 

Andrew. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom