Guns n Roses Demo tape

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2609
in Music tFB Trader

One for the fans.. Kind of interesting the differences between this and the final album versions.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    interesting how the solos are pretty much worked out almost note for note to how they are today, even don't cry which never made it to appetite so had a huge gap between this demo and use your illusion.  Considering how much people say "Slash just worked these out and plays from the soul" looks like he really did his home work to the point where they didn't change between an original demo and say 4 - 5 years between this recording and illusion. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    I read an interview with Slash were he says he used to spend ages working out the solos, something he no longer does on his solo records.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10413
    Drums on that make me feel sea sick :) is that the same guy who played on the record ? if so there was a lot of work on them never mind the guitars 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    I read an interview with Slash were he says he used to spend ages working out the solos, something he no longer does on his solo records.
    yes, I don't think his improve on these records is anything he's personally said, more that the fans bang on about the myth of it. 

I can fully believe and expect he spent ages working them out as they fit the songs perfectly, timing, feel, melody, style, I can't imagine these songs being played any other way.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    Danny1969 said:
    Drums on that make me feel sea sick :) is that the same guy who played on the record ? if so there was a lot of work on them never mind the guitars 
    It seems so.

The YouTube link says "recorded at the Mystic Studio in August 1985 in Los Angeles"

From Wikipedia "In June 1985, Adler joined Guns N' Roses"
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Fascinating. Were they signed then? I'd have signed them based on that!
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    This is great....they certainly had "it"
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    That's amazing, just goes to show how much influence Aerosmith had on them and what they did with it
  • Oh my word, Izzy Stradlin on this.... unreal. They sound so much more like they are influenced by the Stones and Aerosmith on this too

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

You can hear a lot more Tyler adlib from Axl on this, I'd assume he was finding his own style at this time.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader

If people are interested I also saw this.. The GnR sessions...  Starts with Jumping Jack Flash

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Rough around the edges but still sounded better than most bands since 1985 to present.