SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Ric 330/12 or Fender CS (open to USA made) Jazzmaster relic/closet classic

What's Hot
badlydrawnbanjobadlydrawnbanjo Frets: 855
edited March 2018 in Guitars £
As above. Before I buy new (from a limited selection!) does anyone have one they’re thinking of moving on. The phrase “hen’s teeth” comes to mind. 

Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Yep, CS Jazzmasters aren't easy to come by in the second-hand market. Coda have a Dakota Red Closet Classic for a very good price but it has P90s, which kind of defeats the object. The price is cheap enough, though, that you could part out the P90s and buy a new pickguard and pickups. I thought it was a good guitar when I played it.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Brize said:
    Yep, CS Jazzmasters aren't easy to come by in the second-hand market. Coda have a Dakota Red Closet Classic for a very good price but it has P90s, which kind of defeats the object. The price is cheap enough, though, that you could part out the P90s and buy a new pickguard and pickups. I thought it was a good guitar when I played it.
    Yes, its nice. I thought the same of it too...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• Brize said:
    Nice to hear you’ve played it and thought it was decent. I’ve spoken with Coda already on it and is probably the one I’ll go for if it’s doesn’t sell before I make my mind up. But yeah, is it really a jazzmaster... I am a fan of P90’s though. I’ve actually fallen for the white heavy relic but near enough £3k is a heap of cash. 
    ^^ Yup, CS guitars are getting bloody expensive, even if Uncle Doug is prepared to knock a bit off.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Another +1 on the red p90 jazzmaster at coda.
    I'd confirm that routing can accommodate JM pickups though. Might need to be modded to fit the pickups if you wanted to change them
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    ^^ That's a good point. Enlarging the pickup routes would be bread and butter for @FelineGuitars, though.
  • Cheers chaps. Hopefully the pending sale on my strat goes through and I can get it sorted out. Although the white one is niggling me still. 
    Cheers chaps. Hopefully the pending sale on my strat goes through and I can get it sorted out. Although the white one is niggling me still. 
    If that's the one that's calling out to you, I'd try to work out a deal with @DougCoda.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    Cheers chaps. Hopefully the pending sale on my strat goes through and I can get it sorted out. Although the white one is niggling me still. 
    It's always cheaper to buy right the first time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    DanR said:
    It's always cheaper to buy right the first time.
    this in spades. I have bought a lot of offsets and it would have been better all round if I just got the CS JM I wanted at the start. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    edited March 2018
    I would say always buy what you really want rather than something close to what you want, even if it means paying a bit more. This sage advice is entirely free 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • What’s the hive mind on the American original 60’s guitars? 
    What’s the hive mind on the American original 60’s guitars? 
    They're so new that I can't imagine a consensus has developed yet. One key difference between the American Originals and the two CS guitars that you're looking at in Coda is that the AOs have narrow tall 6105 fretwire compared to medium-jumbo wire on the CS models. I personally hate 6105 wire but there's a lot of love for it.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    Some stunning stuff on the Coda website. 

Idea out of left field: have you thought of having one built for you, so you can get precisely what you want? @russianbear made me a rather lovely jazzmaster based P90 Machine, with a ton of cash to spare against the models you’re looking at.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    This white one? If so, I like that a lot.

• Gagaryn said:
    This white one? If so, I like that a lot.

That’s the one but it’s serious money. 
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    wtf mate its only 3 grand
  • wtf mate its only 3 grand
    Just been down the back of the sofa...
  • One last shout in case anyone missed this.