Harley Benton "Pro Fusion" new line Super strats

What's Hot

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1815
    carlos said:
    welshboyo said:
    Look very much like the Atlas guitars that were made by Rinton in Thailand...
    But these are much cheaper, right?
    correct.

Might pick one up when they come out, could be a great gigging guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Is that the bloke from get me to the Greek?
    Nope. He's been nowhere near me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    So new prototype video up and some hires pics 

Seems pretty clear there going for a budget GG Charvel style with this model 

Cory Mura‎ (guy in the vids) says June/July and about £350/400 euro,Look like there worth a punt but if they suck TM have a pretty good returns policy so just send they back.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    That is a seriously nice guitar for very little cash, stainless steel frets too!
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    16" radius, I'm guessing?
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    They do look very nice indeed, they'll sell loads :)

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22866
    Pretty much impossible to criticise at that price.  They look very impressive.

I wonder how much those Indonesian factory workers get paid...?
  • That’s a lot of guitar for the money :)
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    carlos said:
    16" radius, I'm guessing?
    I bet it has similar specs to the Guthrie Charvel and the Martin Millar / Tom Quayle Ibanez models.  
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Well if these are made by Swing  as @rlaussat  found a website for above then they list the SWING MODERN FR as 16" and their SWING MODERN models as 12" Radius this one looks to be 16"  to my eye.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26587
    The Guthrie-inspired one looks lovely...not convinced about the gloss finishes, although I know I'm in a minority on that (I just don't like glossy bodies or necks).

Might be possible to sand it back a bit? At those prices...well, they're basically what the Chapman series were originally: a great platform for modding/replacing hardware to taste.

How many folk are going to be put off by the name on the headstock, though? I know I might.
    <space for hire>
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    The Guthrie-inspired one looks lovely...not convinced about the gloss finishes, although I know I'm in a minority on that (I just don't like glossy bodies or necks).

Might be possible to sand it back a bit? At those prices...well, they're basically what the Chapman series were originally: a great platform for modding/replacing hardware to taste.

How many folk are going to be put off by the name on the headstock, though? I know I might.
    Sand the name back a bit? :)

I think they look great, i don't think the name would put me off, but my inner guitar snob might have something to say.. on the other hand, i'm a Cort player which has a lot of negative snobbery involved. 

on the other other hand.. if you're playing it live, in an audience, the majority of the people watching will not be thinking "ooo eee ark at him! 'Arley Benton, must be a shit guitarist"
  • MikeBMikeB Frets: 176
    edited March 2018
    Video up with a demo

Edit - just seen that this was posted in the previous page..... Oops

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26587
    LuttiS said:

Sand the name back a bit? :)

I think they look great, i don't think the name would put me off, but my inner guitar snob might have something to say.. on the other hand, i'm a Cort player which has a lot of negative snobbery involved. 

on the other other hand.. if you're playing it live, in an audience, the majority of the people watching will not be thinking "ooo eee ark at him! 'Arley Benton, must be a shit guitarist"
    Yeah, I hate that I even thought it, but the fact is...on the toilet circuit, there's an awful lot of snobbery.

Also, when I've got a stable of three Jaden Rose guitars and an N4, it'd have an awful lot to live up to in order to get out of the house ;)
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16677

I don't think I could even do the parts for this one at that price

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_fusion_hsh_roasted_maple.htm

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I've order a couple of these (one with pickguard, one without) as, other than the flame/quilt tops, they tick pretty much all the boxes of what I'm looking for. 

The idea is to see which I prefer and send the other back.  If both are decent though I can see me leaving one in the lockup we've got at the studio and having the other at home.

Order is currently showing as "In progress" - hopefully being shipped within the next few days.  I'll report back when I've got my hands on them.
  • WezV said:

I don't think I could even do the parts for this one at that price

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_fusion_hsh_roasted_maple.htm

That really does look alright. If good reports start coming in I will give one a go. Although I might need to take some scotchbrite to that body.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4822
    Wish they'd do a Standard style one as well with a 22 fret neck. They look ridiculous value.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be, being reliant on dodgy FR bridges - but they do look really nice.