When Inspiration Overtakes Common Sense!

What's Hot
BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
edited March 2018 in Guitar
So, went out to a great open mic night last night just to watch and see if I thought I would be brave enough to play there. Then tonight went out to eat and to see a guitarist friend play at the restaurant which is always hugely inspiring as he is amazing. However the combination of the two has given me an 'Inspiration Overload' that has chosen now, 12.50am, to peak and I am desperate to go play the arse of my guitar. Slight problem, I live in a bungalow, the rest of the house is sound asleep and I would put my chances of surviving the night at small to non existant if I woke them up! Bugger!!!!
Guess I had better try and get some sleep  and keep my fingers crossed that the inspiration is still there in the morning! 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SnagsSnags Frets: 5382
    edited March 2018
    Headphones. Or if it's an acoustic, just kill then all in their sleep first. No jury would convict. Probably.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Electrics are quiet enough when played unplugged
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Snags said:
    Headphones. Or if it's an acoustic, just kill then all in their sleep first. No jury would convict. Probably.
    I was thinking "Tie them up and gaffer tape their mouths shut".
    For good measure, threaten anyone that complains with more of the same if they don't behave and just become an even bigger demon, thus ruling the entire house for the rest of time and then,....you can play your guitar whenever you like at 3 am.

Go for the prize.
    There can be only one!

(You may feel a slight buzzing sensation. This is known as 'The Quickening'. If you've been successful this will mean a rush of Euphoria and sense of enormous well being. If not then they've freed themselves, overpowered you and plugged you into the mains. Good luck with that if it happens!)

:)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2430

Air guitar.

No noise and no limits on what you can play. Be a star.

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    you not have a garden shed?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    or maybe a garden SHRED !!!!

Image result for moray eel

.......eh..........what' d'ya say?? ........guys?? .......GUYS??
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248
    Alnico said:
    Snags said:
    I was thinking "Tie them up and gaffer tape their mouths shut".
    For good measure, threaten anyone that complains with more of the same if they don't behave and just become an even bigger demon, thus ruling the entire house for the rest of time and then,....you can play your guitar whenever you like at 3 am.

Go for the prize.
    There can be only one!

(You may feel a slight buzzing sensation. This is known as 'The Quickening'. If you've been successful this will mean a rush of Euphoria and sense of enormous well being. If not then they've freed themselves, overpowered you and plugged you into the mains. Good luck with that if it happens!)

:)
    @Alnico the gaffer tape option was seriously considered I can assure you!!!  In the end I settled for trying to sleep (unsuccessfully) and when eventually I did manage to drop off I dreamt loads of really weird shit!! I should of played!!

Still, got it out of my system today. Surfice to say my 12 string amp'd up is most definately not quiet!! Was a good afternoon! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 248

57Deluxe said:
    I wish I did have, however it's full of my hubbies stuff so no room to either make it a music room or alternatively lock hubby and mother in while I make a lot of noise!! 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    Buy them noise cancelling headphones ;)